The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » My new card effect on youtube. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1772 Posts

Profile of SIX
For you guys who havent checked it out yet, here it is. My newest card effect and the first after coming out of the hospital last week. If you can supply any ideas you might have and before any one mentions it, I am working on the non-gaffed handeling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuxHmNOLEFg

Enjoy

Michael "SIX" Muldoon
jbk2006
View Profile
Loyal user
USA
230 Posts

Profile of jbk2006
I like it....do you have club sandwich because this uses a lot of the same moves/handling.
Kex
View Profile
Special user
Arlington, Texas
577 Posts

Profile of Kex
Very nice routine... and smooth handling. Thanks for posting about this!

Kex
Tina I
View Profile
Regular user
Oslo/ Norway
194 Posts

Profile of Tina I
Loved it Smile
John Neely
View Profile
Loyal user
Iowa
280 Posts

Profile of John Neely
Nice effect! I haven't seen anything like it before. A non gaffed handeling, hmmm. Now you've given me something to think about! = )

Also glad to hear you're out of the hospital and are creating magic. Looking forward to seeing more!

John
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
It is a nice effect and well executed. I find the non-gaffed a little hard to believe though. Not saying you are lying! please don't start a war.
john scot
View Profile
Special user
brighton, uk
585 Posts

Profile of john scot
This is a version of a Larry Jennings effect called Four Card Change on his Private Lesson video.

The Jennings version is just as clean but uses no gaffs.

Ta,

John
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1772 Posts

Profile of SIX
Thanks John I will look into the video.

SIX
Kex
View Profile
Special user
Arlington, Texas
577 Posts

Profile of Kex
Gotta love Larry Jennings. Been going through his books lately and loving it so thanks for the info, John.
Cohiba
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
749 Posts

Profile of Cohiba
Quote:
On 2008-03-31 11:18, abc wrote:
It is a nice effect and well executed. I find the non-gaffed a little hard to believe though. Not saying you are lying! please don't start a war.

I don't think he's saying this is non-gaffed - he's working on a non-gaffed version.
jbk2006
View Profile
Loyal user
USA
230 Posts

Profile of jbk2006
I think you mean gaffed but is working on a non-gaff version.from the looks a df was used, I may be wrong though.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Now, having produced the kings, what do you intend to do with them?
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1772 Posts

Profile of SIX
Here is the un-gimmicked version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yNHk7Sbdf4
Leo Reynolds Jr
View Profile
Special user
864 Posts

Profile of Leo Reynolds Jr
Good Job! The ungimmicked version is much better.
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
I actually think the ungaaffed version is better than the gaffed one as well. Now that was enjoyable to watch. While DF's has some excellent applications I feel that they sometimes leave a weakness in a routine. If it is possible to go without then do so.
Hope you are feeling good after your hospital food.
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of Logan
The new handling is great Micheal!

However, I think it can't beat the straight-forwardness of the gaffed version. In the gaffed version, what's nice is that at no time, do the cards go near the deck.

It may be a small point and perhaps I'm just pedantic, but if Ortiz can write a whole book on the finer things that make miracles, truly miracles, then I think there's something to it.

That 'finer thing' is the spatial distance between the sandwich and the deck, AFTER the revelation of the selected card and BEFORE the change into the King.

That being said, I think the new handling, as mentioned earlier, is really good and if you're stuck without the gaff, that would DEFINITELY be the way to go!

Well done Mike! Bravo!

Logan
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1772 Posts

Profile of SIX
Glad you liked it guys, I just came up with yet another handeling of the effect which is slighty harder. In this one I switch teh jacks out for the two black version of there selceted card. So now all three cards will be mates to the selection.

Will shoot soon.

SIX
John Neely
View Profile
Loyal user
Iowa
280 Posts

Profile of John Neely
SIX

Thanks for posting the nongaffed version. It looks really good. I really enjoyed seeing your creativity in action and seeing the trick develop. I've been thinking about this plot over the last couple of days also. I have a version too. In my version the red kings are cut into the deck to "find" the selected card. The deck is spread and a card appears between the kings. It is shown to be the selected card and the sandwhich is placed on the table. The switch is done in the spread. My thinking is it makes sense for the kings to go into the pack to find the card and so it should arouse less suspicion for the kings to go near (in this case into) the deck. I'll put my variation on YouTube and post it here when I get the chance. Thanks for posting a nice problem to work on. Keep up the good work! I'm looking forward to seeing more magic from you!

John
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » My new card effect on youtube. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL