The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » How would you advertise at a Party Supply Store? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jiayi
View Profile
Veteran user
Canada
313 Posts

Profile of jiayi
I went to a big party supply store the other day and spoke to the manager about advertising my service in the store. To my surprise, the manager was very open-minded about this and said that I could leave something at the cashier checkout counter for the customers to take away. No posters on the window though. I then suggested setting up a table performing and he was cool about that too (I guess he thinks this will help him with his business also) I might have to set up the table right outside the store though.

I think this is a great venue for getting quality leads because all of the people shopping there are organizing a party or some sort, it is very likely they are the ones have a say in hiring entertainment since they are already responsible for buying supplies. I am thinking to perform for free in exchange for promoting my service there, that way the manager isn't pressured to see results and gets free promotion for the store from my work. what do you think? Should I charge instead?

What do you think I should have at the checkout counter? business cards? brochure? or? I am working on some marketing plans before meeting up with the manager next time. any thoughts?
daviaac
View Profile
Veteran user
351 Posts

Profile of daviaac
Brochure might be quite as it allows to put faq's on it such as, does the magician do hen parties - yes he does, does the magician perform solely for children - no the entertainment is for adults but if children present then they will be entertained etc. just things people may ask also its bigger than a business card so its more visual. You could also get something quite visual I picture on the other side soemthing a bit wacky that you perhaps couldn't fit on your card.

not sure if I like the idea of performing in the shop maybe one or two things but for me performing that way and the way I perform in a restaurant are completely different and might give the wrong impression about the magic I perform.

just my two cents

luke
- the secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Offer a product that benefits the both of you. For example, design and print a simple tri-fold brochure that offers tips on planning a birthday party - A Parents' Survival Guide. Or maybe a Birthday Party Checklist that includes items carried by your sponsor. Include space on the back for your "Fun & Reliable Party Entertainment" name and booking information and the name, phone & website of the party store. The store owner/manager will be pleased to offer this extra service at his register and will appreciate the recognition you give him.

I would personally have the brochures designed and printed professionally leaving a white space on the back for the sponsor's name, logo and info. You can add this later at home using Word or Publisher and any color printer. This way you get the benefit of quantity pricing and the flexibility to share the brochure with other outlets in your community.
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
I think a Brochure or Post Card its the way. Maybe you performing some walk around or "trade" situation is a good idea but 1 time in the month or so, but I really like the idea because people in party Supply stores are planning a party and maybe like a magician...this make lots of sense,
Thanks and Good Luck,
Hansel!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
jiayi
View Profile
Veteran user
Canada
313 Posts

Profile of jiayi
Quote:
On 2008-03-31 10:55, daviaac wrote:
Brochure might be quite as it allows to put faq's on it such as, does the magician do hen parties - yes he does, does the magician perform solely for children - no the entertainment is for adults but if children present then they will be entertained etc. just things people may ask also its bigger than a business card so its more visual. You could also get something quite visual I picture on the other side soemthing a bit wacky that you perhaps couldn't fit on your card.

not sure if I like the idea of performing in the shop maybe one or two things but for me performing that way and the way I perform in a restaurant are completely different and might give the wrong impression about the magic I perform.

just my two cents

luke

thanks Luke, the faq is a great idea! I will make sure to include that. thanks! I am still thinking how will I fit in as a performer in the venue. I am thinking to work out a deal with the store, ask them to supply balloons so I can make some balloon animals for them to take home. As you know, making balloons would take a while, this way I can talk to them, make them happy then ask them for referrals.
jiayi
View Profile
Veteran user
Canada
313 Posts

Profile of jiayi
Quote:
On 2008-03-31 12:08, Skip Way wrote:
Offer a product that benefits the both of you. For example, design and print a simple tri-fold brochure that offers tips on planning a birthday party - A Parents' Survival Guide. Or maybe a Birthday Party Checklist that includes items carried by your sponsor. Include space on the back for your "Fun & Reliable Party Entertainment" name and booking information and the name, phone & website of the party store. The store owner/manager will be pleased to offer this extra service at his register and will appreciate the recognition you give him.

I would personally have the brochures designed and printed professionally leaving a white space on the back for the sponsor's name, logo and info. You can add this later at home using Word or Publisher and any color printer. This way you get the benefit of quantity pricing and the flexibility to share the brochure with other outlets in your community.

I like the idea, that way the customers will feel like I am part of the store and the store gets something out of it. thanks!
jiayi
View Profile
Veteran user
Canada
313 Posts

Profile of jiayi
Quote:
On 2008-04-01 15:14, Hansel wrote:
I think a Brochure or Post Card its the way. Maybe you performing some walk around or "trade" situation is a good idea but 1 time in the month or so, but I really like the idea because people in party Supply stores are planning a party and maybe like a magician...this make lots of sense,
Thanks and Good Luck,
Hansel!

hi, Hansel! thanks for the advice. I don't think walk around will work though unless there is a substantial lineup. I think I will probably just set up a table and work as a tradeshow situation. making balloons for the customers and show them some close up tricks. My objective is to get to talk to them, get them to like me, tell them about my service and ask for referrals.

thanks!
Dustin Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1006 Posts

Profile of Dustin Baker
Just a thought, I advertise at my local Party City location and I suggest you don't take up counter space. It's always at a premium and counters are part of their business, so you need to be out of the way.

I suggest you drop by staples and pick-up some suction-cup-mounted flyer holders. If you place them on the side of the counter (a space that isn't used for anything, they'll stay out of the way and because of thier strange position they'll be noticed.
Think inside the box. . . it's less crowded.
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Quote:
On 2008-04-01 15:43, jiayi wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-04-01 15:14, Hansel wrote:
Thanks and Good Luck,
Hansel!

hi, Hansel! thanks for the advice. I don't think walk around will work though unless there is a substantial lineup. I think I will probably just set up a table and work as a tradeshow situation. making balloons for the customers and show them some close up tricks. My objective is to get to talk to them, get them to like me, tell them about my service and ask for referrals.

thanks!

Go ahead!!!I wish to you the Best of the Lucks!
Thanks,
Hansel!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » How would you advertise at a Party Supply Store? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL