The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » dying doves (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

EddyRay
View Profile
Special user
United States Of America
525 Posts

Profile of EddyRay
Can you list some sources or teach me how I can learn to properly dye my doves?

Thanks,
Ed
boltt223
View Profile
Regular user
Arizona, USA
175 Posts

Profile of boltt223
Eddie... In the Chavez Encyclopedia of Dove Magic there is a page on how to tint the dove along with just about everything you need to know about dove magic. Smile
EddyRay
View Profile
Special user
United States Of America
525 Posts

Profile of EddyRay
Thanks bolt, Smile I'll check it out. I think colored birds are pretty on stage. Smile
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Eddie: Sorry I didn't respond sooner. It's been a busy couple of days for me. In any event, there are several ways to color your doves but here is the one I use and it has worked well for me.

First, wash your bird twice with No Tears baby shampoo. This will remove all the oil. Next pat them dry with paper towels. Don't rub, just pat dry.

Put them in a box with plenty of paper towels on the bottom and make sure they are not in any draft. I put mine under a lamp so they don't chill. Also, if your using several colors, keep them in separate boxes.

Go to a pastry or cake decorating store and get some Professional Paste food coloring. Wear rubber gloves unless you want to look like the birds Smile Apply the paste evenly to the bird working the color into all the feathers. Wipe away the excess and let them dry.

This is very safe for the birds and gives them very bright coloring. Hope this helps.
Where the magic begins
EddyRay
View Profile
Special user
United States Of America
525 Posts

Profile of EddyRay
Thank you very much for all the info. I will let you know how I make out . Smile
zaubern
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, Wa
335 Posts

Profile of zaubern
When I first started dying my birds I didn't know you should separate them (The dye rubs off) But actually I ended up with a very light and even coloring on the other bird in the cage and it didn't look all that bad. Just an idea if you want a light coloring on your bird. And it is a lot easier too!
Zaubern Smile
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
881 Posts

Profile of sperris
Andy Amyx sells his coloring and it is very nice from what I've seen: http://www.andyamyx.com

sperris Smile
DANSPERRY.COM
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Most of us in this thread know each other. You also know that my hair is white now, so the doves and I already match. Normally, I don't encourage magicians to dye doves unless they have plenty of birds to spare. The color seldom adds enough to the act to justify the project. However, this old guy really enjoyed Dan Sperry's color changing dove in his routine. There, it serves a real purpose and it is very effective. Catch the act when you can. It's worth it.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » dying doves (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL