The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Greg Otto ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
mcvicarthetrickster
View Profile
Regular user
St. Louis, MO
116 Posts

Profile of mcvicarthetrickster
I try to do a funny show and I'm always getting caught up in trying to do the most expensive and amazing effect I can find and then trying to add the comedy this video shows how you can have a hilarious show and have great interaction with your audience using small and simplistic things. Entertainment first always.
Josh
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Thanks everyone!
GREG
OTTO
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
millarhouse
View Profile
Regular user
New Zealand
199 Posts

Profile of millarhouse
Fantastic DVD.
As I hope we all already know, its all about presentation, and Greg does a wonderful job.
I would of enjoyed being able to see the whole show, without it cutting to the explanations, but apart from that, the DVD shows how to perform an excellent comedy magic routine.

Thanks for sharing your routine Greg.

Warren
Knight Magic
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas, NV
53 Posts

Profile of Knight Magic
Loved the DVD Greg, enjoyed it even more than your stand up routines! - Mistie
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Thanks Mistie!
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
millarhouse
View Profile
Regular user
New Zealand
199 Posts

Profile of millarhouse
Performed my first show for adults in the weekend.
It was for my company's social club mid year function. If it wasn’t for this DVD, I would not of felt confident about doing a show for adults, because I lacked a lot of the patter required for a comedy magic show. But luckly Greg demonstrated this on his DVD.

I used some of Gregs balloon gag's and his "Card In Fly" routine. Both work really well. The "Card in Fly" has one of the easiest handlings around. I had a long separation between the reveal, in fact I ended the show on the reveal and performed two other effects before the reveal. I found this worked really well, and people mentioned to my after that they thought I had forgotten about the selected card, which made the reveal even more effective.
I also found myself using some of Gregs other gags, but in different situations.

What I love about this DVD is that it has a real world performance on the DVD. It was not in front of an L&L Pub crowd which never seems to be the typical audience I would expect to perform for.

Thanks Greg, I can now tick off my first adult magic show. I’m now off to find my next challenge.
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Profile of Futureal
Uh, how about becoming proficient at performing that same show, or dare I say it, even mastering it?

Get back to me in 5 years.

:)
millarhouse
View Profile
Regular user
New Zealand
199 Posts

Profile of millarhouse
Quote:
On 2008-08-04 03:17, Futureal wrote:
Uh, how about becoming proficient at performing that same show, or dare I say it, even mastering it?

Get back to me in 5 years.

Hmmm not sure of the intent of your comments.
It has always been a goal of mine to perform a show for adults, and I achieved it. That’s one of my challenges completed.

Proficient? Without you being present at the show how can you comment on my proficiency?. Even though this was my first adult comedy magic show, I have performed numerous children’s magic shows.

Mastering? I would never be naive enough to say that I have mastered a show. I would be surprised if many at all would say that they have truly mastered a show at all levels. You can always learn something new.

Getting back to YOU in 5 years….. I doubt it !
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
No fighting-this is supposed to be about ME & My DVD!!!

GREG
OTTO
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Profile of Futureal
You and your DVD are great, Greg.

Out of interest, do you think it's possible to master a show after performing it one time?

Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
HA!
Maybe one hundred times...
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Nice to see you two have bonded at the expense of a member posting a positive experience and compliment from your DVD. Nice work from you both!
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
I was asked my opinion and expressed it.
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Greg Otto ? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL