The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Hector's new book? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
LLL
View Profile
Inner circle
1574 Posts

Profile of LLL
Guy's I got the book on the first run and it is definately worth the wait. The material in it is Very clever and worth waiting for.
I waited about 3 months so it seems yours is going to be arriving slightly faster.

Mescalito
The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Inner circle
1130 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
Thanks for the reassurance and updated info guys. Didn't think of the paypal connection, good to know that a couple of weeks is a possibility, Stuart
Belief Manifests Reality.
Nebula CT: https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8517
burst
View Profile
Veteran user
Memphis, TN
308 Posts

Profile of burst
It seems that the entire reasoning for the second run is only because people gave enough interest in it. He's been emailing me occasionally with answers to some questions I've had, and with ideas I've had, and even giving me ideas that are, in ways, better than mine.

He's also thanked me for letting him know I like the book.

To me, it does not appear like he is hiding or ignoring anything at all.

Heck, my book was yanked off me and he was kind enough to mail me a new one without even asking me for shipping costs.

If you were to ask me, he has no reason to do any of that. There's no ignoring, no hiding.

If you want to talk to him about things, he is extremely open to that. At least, he has been with me. There is no reason for him to come to this forum or any other to talk about his book or anything else. There is no reason for him to respond to my emails like he has been.

Besides, he may not have the time to come here. He could very simply have a busy and full life that does not give him the time to spend being online. Maybe he is busy performing, maybe he is busy raising a child, maybe he is busy giving community service, maybe he is busy starting up a new restaurant, maybe he is busy writing a new book, maybe he is busy spending time with his lover, maybe he is busy planting flowers or raising llamas, maybe he is busy with avoiding internet forums.

He wrote a book. The only thing he owes is mailing books off to people that ordered them or returning their money if he chooses to not mail them off.

/paul.f
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Inner circle
1130 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
My copy came today, already loving it, Best to all.
Belief Manifests Reality.
Nebula CT: https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8517
Ringo
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of Ringo
OK, you're the first, it seems. Now the waiting besides the mailbox begins again over here.
Quentin
View Profile
Inner circle
1020 Posts

Profile of Quentin
Having invested in many items hyped here on the Café and elsewhere, only to discover that the creator had developed a half-baked idea and had obviously never performed it in real world conditions, it was with some trepidation I ordered this book.

It arrived yesterday and I finished reading it today.

It's obvious the author has performed these effects and routines a lot as he has all eventualities covered. It is indeed a pleasure to explore the work of someone who understands the importance of structure, scripting and pacing, topics oblivious to those mentioned in my first paragraph.

The book is full of practical, commercial, real world routines requiring practically no props.

Mr Chadwick, if I had a hat, I'd raise it to you.
Alexander Marsh
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1191 Posts

Profile of Alexander Marsh
Got it. Love it.

My only foible with the book is the way it's written. I like the conversational, comical style (much like Derren's Pure Effect) but it would be nice to have a break down or summing up at the end of the methods description.

So that when you wish to refer back to the book, and look up a specific effect you don't have to skip, and jump through large portions of irrelevant (although entertaining and insightful) text.

Just a thought, but I am VERY pleased with this purchase.
Lumas
View Profile
Loyal user
NYC
202 Posts

Profile of Lumas
I received this about two days ago in the U.S.

I have only read a few chapters, but I love it so far. It is written very, very well and the comical style makes for an enjoyable read.

I was trying to not do any card tricks anymore, but after reading Reds and Blacks, I am going to have to now perform this. Such a well thought out effect.
eriamjk
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of eriamjk
Mine arrived yesterday and it's wonderful. Great read and I really enjoyed the equivoque portions.

I also agree that in a perfect world there should be an effect outline in the back as a reference, but when I begin to use this material, part of my work of learning it will be to go through his passages, pull out those technical parts, and write them down myself. So in the end, for me, not having the reference section will actually make me have to earn that learning experience.

That works for me, but I can see how a reader might get frustrated to have to cut through Hector's entertaining verbiage to gather the nuggets of the mechanics.
VBall
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto
165 Posts

Profile of VBall
Does anyone have an email address I can contact him at? Thanks.
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
One for sale under member's buy & sell
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
aukt
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Profile of aukt
There's an email address on the webpage.
ronzo
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of ronzo
What a terrific book this is.

I never heard of Hector Chadwick and didn't know what to expect. But my copy arrived the other day and it's extremely well thought-out and well written. And beautifully designed (I'm a graphic designer by profession).

Highly recommended.
rockbrunnen
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of rockbrunnen
I love the M&M routine. The only equivoke routine I actually use everyday. Very natural and legitimate elimination process, IMO.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Hector's new book? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL