The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » The Final Wave by Alan Rorrison (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Alan has a terrific new effect which will be on sale very soon (or perhaps is on sale right now).

As the title implies, the effect is a bit like B'Wave and Brainwave all rolled into one. Except the deck used is normal save for a couple of gaffed cards. You end clean as a whistle.

Basically, the spectator freely (really) selects a card. This card is then revealed to be the only face up card in the face down deck. Not only that, but it is the only blue backed card. Not only that, but it's the only card with a face as all the other faces are blank. With a snap of the fingers, the selection is then seen to have a red back. And the cards all develop faces. All can be examined at the end.

This would make an IDEAL opener for the table hopper. Now, there are a couple of "knacky" sleights in this effect. One of them I can almost never do with any success. However, if you give it a bit of thought, you could substitute alternate sleights. However, Alan's handling is so well thought out that you might just want to put in the work and stick with doing it the way he does.

This is the kind of effect that spectators eat up. Tons of magic. Easy to follow. Just know that you might have to put in a little work.

Here's a link to the demo:

http://www.alanrorrison.com/Vids/FinalWave.wmv

Check http://www.alanrorrison.com for details on the release.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
I found that demo very, very obvious.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I never said it was a magician fooler. Do you really think a lay person wouldn't be highly impressed by that?
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
fvdbeek
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Profile of fvdbeek
People should stop putting music under their clip while you can't understand them even without the music.

Frans
Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
Alan sent me this a while back. I have been bogged down working on a few other projects so I totally spaced on putting my review up.

Yes, a knowledgeable magician might watch this effect and figure it out. I have worked this effect into my strolling work and I can guarantee that the spectators are fried by it. It is worth more than the asking price. It is one of those effects that is easy to execute but has a huge impact.

Donny
do magic

www.8bom.net
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1119 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
This is a very nice effect, with every movement going naturally into the next.

Each phase just seems to happen, making it look moveless.

When you look at how direct this is, the economy of motion and how much magic is produced, you start seeing how good this really is.

More can be learned from this effect than meets the eye at first glance.

Steve
martin king
View Profile
Elite user
416 Posts

Profile of martin king
I do agree that by watching just the video as a magician, I too, worked it out, but as has been pointed out, it's not an effect invented for magicians but for the public!

We should stop looking for effects that astound and entertain us, but the public!
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Im a little unsure if everyone is takign in whats happening in the effect to work it all out. there is a specific move in there I do not think any one is getting. Eather way. thanx to all whos commenting
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » The Final Wave by Alan Rorrison (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL