The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » No more fog on the bathroom mirror...and other Great homemade remedies! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Tired of coming out of the bath or shower to a foggy mirror?

Those days are over. Just follow this easy step:

Take a tiny dab of shaving cream, about the size of a large gumball. Smear it all over the entire mirror, let sit for a moment or two. Wipe clean with a soft cloth.

That's it. Bye, bye steam and fog!

Don't keep wiping the mirror. The more you wipe, the more you will erase the film that prevents the fog from forming. Eventually you will have to repeat the process but each application should last a couple weeks.

Got any home remedies of your own?
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Justin
My grandmother made me wear garlic around my neck during flu season. I never caught the flu, but I also couldn't get a dance partner either.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Quote:
On 2008-04-29 10:42, Al Angello wrote:
Justin
My grandmother made me wear garlic around my neck during flu season. I never caught the flu, but I also couldn't get a dance partner either.

Betcha vampires didn't mess with you either did they Al?

Lyndel
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
I almost posted that remedy on the shaving thread. It really works.

This isn't a remedy but a handy storage tip. Get some of this from the hardware store;

Hang it on the wall and attach some of these;

Now you have a handy way to store all those baseball hats that can be a pain to store, without crushing them. Cost for chain is about $.49 a foot. Cost for clips, nothing if you work in a office.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Do you know why they do not use band aids in Israel? In Israel when they cut themselves they just apply a gazza strip. Budda boom
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2008-04-29 10:52, Lyndel wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-04-29 10:42, Al Angello wrote:
Justin

Betcha vampires didn't mess with you either did they Al?

Lyndel

I can't believe it was still there!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9l2qn8hoiU

Get past the credits, the number is funny!
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
Rain-X makes a product for use with car windshields to keep them from fogging up on the inside. It's great for keeping your bathroom mirror from fogging up too (or writing messages that appear when someone is in the shower)
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
Ever get those nasty white rings on your wooden coffee table where someone put a glass down and didn't use a coaster? A little slather of mayonaise, let it set for about five minutes, wipe off, and the ring should be gone! It's gotta be the real mayo....the salad dressing and mayo immitations won't work!

I wonder if the anti-fog method scuba divers use on their masks would work on the shower mirror??
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Quote:
On 2008-04-29 14:45, Margarette wrote:

I wonder if the anti-fog method scuba divers use on their masks would work on the shower mirror??

Smile Lets find someone to give it a try!

Mike
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Toothpaste is great for washing your hands after working on a car if you don't have Lava or hand cleaner.

Mike
Lambertmoon
View Profile
Loyal user
240 Posts

Profile of Lambertmoon
Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

Avoid arguments with the wife about lifting the toilet seat just by using the sink.

If you are choking on an ice cube, don't panic. Simply pour a cup of boiling water down your throat and presto, the blockage will be almost instantly removed.

If you have a bad cough, take a large dose of laxatives. Then you'll be afraid to cough.
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Quote:
On 2008-04-29 16:50, Lambertmoon wrote:
Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

Avoid arguments with the wife about lifting the toilet seat just by using the sink.

If you are choking on an ice cube, don't panic. Simply pour a cup of boiling water down your throat and presto, the blockage will be almost instantly removed.

If you have a bad cough, take a large dose of laxatives. Then you'll be afraid to cough.

Now that's some truly helpful advice!
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Quote:
On 2008-04-29 16:50, Lambertmoon wrote:

Wow! I love it!
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
188 Posts

Profile of R.S.
You know why you should always wash your clothes in tide? It's too cold out-tide, dummy!

(It's Al Angelo's fault - he got me thinking along these lines Smile)
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » No more fog on the bathroom mirror...and other Great homemade remedies! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL