The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Got Boots? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Cowboy boots, that is. I only have one pair. I like to wear them, and would wear them everywhere, but my wife says that wearing cowboy boots makes one look like a pimp. (She's German. She should know.)

I have a pair of Lucchese's. Like em a lot. If I could, however, I'd have a collection rivaling that of Billy Gibbons.

So, anybody have boots they're proud of? Anything exotic? Anything terribly expensive? Do you wear them often? Do you think you look like a pimp?

(Oh my...dear...I just realized that I implied my wife knew something about pimps. She doesn't, I don't think. I was just trying to use humor to imply she knows nothing about cowboy boots. You know, sarcasm. But I can see now that I committed some kind of logical fallacy somewhere, which I didn't mean to do. Sorry.)
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
I have only one pair that I refuse to give up: My HARLEY boots! And soon I will have the bike to wear them on!

I used to wear cowboy boots, very expensive. But the only problem is I'm already too tall - 6'3". I look like a dork in boots.

BTW: I did two shows with Billy and the boys! One of the best live bands, ever!
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Only (and best) boots I ever had were black work/motorcycle boots for my Santa costume. Beat the heck out of those wretched costume "boot covers" and - oh! - the joy of steel toes to save me from tromping little feet!
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
I have a pair of Ariat Tellurides that I wear whenever I ride. Technically they're not cowboy boots; they're horseman boots. They're very comfortable for riding as well as trail running: I wore them on my Ride and Tie race a couple of weeks ago.
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
I've got quite a collection of boots:

one pair of cowboy boots that I bought at Sheplers
one pair of military combat boots (so, when someone tries to insult my sons by saying "your mamma wears combat boots"...it's a fact, not an insult)
one pair of steel-toed boots (company regulations required these...still caked with mud)
three pair of dress boots (black, brown, and tan)
I guess these are the pair I like the most, but wear the least...one pair of 4 1/2 inch stilletto heel "stripper" style ankle boots...black leather
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
Now I love you even more, Margarette, if that's possible. Smile
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
I would love to own a pair of boots.

I have wide feet and the only boots that fit me are long enough to look like clown shoes on me. I have been offered to have boots custom made by more than one store. One day I may have to.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Donal Chayce
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of Donal Chayce
I, too, have a large collection of boots:

Nocona black lizard skin western boots;
Nocona blood red steerhide western boots;
Minnetonka tall lace-up suede boots;
Carolina 10" combat boots (w) side zip;
Frye 11" harness boots;
Wesco 18" double-buckle "Boss" engineer boots;
Wesco 18" "Jobmaster" logger boots;
Dehner motor patrol boots.

and yep, I wear 'em--all of them--at least once a year.
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
Quote:
On 2008-04-30 14:36, airship wrote:
Now I love you even more, Margarette, if that's possible. Smile

Those steel-toed boots caked with mud gets 'em every time!!! Smile
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
tnscot
View Profile
Loyal user
220 Posts

Profile of tnscot
Dora has boots.
As Always,
Scot Legdermain
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Two pair Tony Lama's (17" shafts for period shooting events)
Two pair Dan Post's (For knockin' around)
One pair Larry Mahan's (Elkskin that is smooth as butter)
One pair "Unknown maker" (Snakeskin - I got in Puerto Vallarta)
One pair " " " " (Bullhide - With a 3" underslung riding heel. I've had these for thirty-two years and can't kill 'em!)

Adios! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
What no wellies?

I've been recently considering getting cowboy boots. I've had a few pairs of DMs and Caterpillars but nothing fancy.

I had this cool pair of boots I bought in Prague. They looked fantastic but the sole fell off one.

Anyhow, cowboy boots, yes. I tend to wear black shoes (I don't like trainers) but I also wear jeans a lot. Apparently, black shoes and jeans don't go (noone ever tells me anything). Brown shoes are naff. So cowboy boots, yahoo, it's the future.

George
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
George, your hat makes you look like a pimp. Why not buy matching boots?

I'm off to bed.

Good night everyone.

I love you all.

Jeff
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1950 Posts

Profile of kregg
I have a few pairs of s**t kickers. My favorite are my worn in suede cowboy boots.
POOF!
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Josh, that picture was very interesting. I mean...to finally see Jack without the cards in front of his face...well...that's worth a thousand words.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
I'm all about doing the right thing.

Wanna see a picture of my son?
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
All I wear is cowboy boots but then again I am a cowboy and make my living on and with horses! All my boots are well made, some factory and some custom. I have a few pairs or dress boots but most I wear for work and with a bit of brushing look good enough for going out.
They say the difference between a cowboy and a wannabe is a cowboy has BS on the OUTSIDE of his boots!
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
What would Wavy do?
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
That picture reminded me that when I was a kid, we used to call sandals "Jesus boots". Smile
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Got Boots? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL