The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Lame magician BUSTED on Howard Stern show. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Issue 1: Someone would go on Howard Stern or any TV/Radio show that is dependant on ...blue material and not expect trouble.

If you know I'm going to ro-sham-bo you, and you still come within range and get ro-sham-bo'd; I figure you have it coming. Sure I'm a jerk, but you knew I was before you ended up with a limp.

Issue 2: What's the deal with the "Penny for your Thought" forum. If I could buy a couple of those guys for what they're worth, and sell them for what they think they're worth, I'd have enough money to be certain everyone from me to my great great great grandchildren were rich. Wow.

Man, I'm keeping my penny, I don't want no more of them thoughts.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Quote:
On 2008-05-01 14:34, Josh Riel wrote:
If you know I'm going to ro-sham-bo you, and you still come within range and get ro-sham-bo'd; I figure you have it coming. Sure I'm a jerk, but you knew I was before you ended up with a limp.

What is your definition of ro-sham-bo? I thought roshambo was rock-paper-scissors. What am I missing, it sounds good.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
We'll play sometime Smile

I learned it off of South Park.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Quote:
On 2008-05-01 14:40, Josh Riel wrote:
We'll play sometime Smile

Sure, we'll play, as long as I get to go first. I'l probably lose interest after my turn though.

I forget about that South Park episode. lol!
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
"Penny for your thought" forums are for suckers!
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
Quote:
Does anyone remember the days when tv/radio hosts had a guest on to entertain the audience and then actually let them do that? These days it seems to be about exploiting a guest instead for the audiences entertainment. What a jerky thing of Howard to do!

I seem to remember Johnny Carson busting Kreskin big-time. Of course, it was because Johnny was an amateur magician and had respect for the craft, while Kreskin tried (then AND now) to sell himself as 'real'. So IMHO, Kreskin deserved it.
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2008-05-01 12:04, Timothy Drake wrote:
Does anyone remember the days when tv/radio hosts had a guest on to entertain the audience and then actually let them do that? These days it seems to be about exploiting a guest instead for the audiences entertainment. What a jerky thing of Howard to do!

Best,

Tim

I seem to remember him trying to do the same thing to Marc Salem (who's methods are rather more insidious than a simple "one ahead" ) -but being unable to expose him, merely interrupting and annoying him instead. Marc played it cool, but you could tell he was not happy with Mr. Stern...
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
JRob
View Profile
Veteran user
Central South Carolina
395 Posts

Profile of JRob
Quote:
On 2008-05-01 15:59, airship wrote:
Quote:

I seem to remember Johnny Carson busting Kreskin big-time. Of course, it was because Johnny was an amateur magician and had respect for the craft, while Kreskin tried (then AND now) to sell himself as 'real'. So IMHO, Kreskin deserved it.

I remember Carson busting Uri Gellar, who still tried to pass himself off as genuine, but I don't remember Kreskin
"Jim Roberts, AKA: Professor Jay Rob "<br>
The Professor's Facebook Page
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Am I following this correctly? The one ahead principle has stood the test of time. So how did Stern see through it?
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Quote:
On 2008-05-01 12:12, Vandy Grift wrote:
Ross, how should Howard Stern be "busted"?

Well, first, everybody with any sense of decency refuses to listen to him. Naaaah, that still leaves too many people...

Okay, how about he finally outrages people so much he just plain gets fired and STAYS fired?

Ok, it's not gonna happen, is it?
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
I have always thought of Howard Stern as a child. Someone who is out to prove he can do something just because he was told he couldn't. Some people do that to being truth to the forefront over the lies. Howard does it because he can. After all his fines for allowing swear words (early 90's I think)... all the bad feeling over hits bits with the "N" word (He said it a lot in the early 90's too and never got suspended or fired) and all the other junk he does on the air, I have little use for him.

No one deserved to be heckled, and this is precisely what that is. Does Howard enjoy being heckled? I doubt it. He may try to have fun with the heckler, but if it got personal, I bet he'd take his marbles and go home.

If you like Howard stern...to each their own. I am just saying he had no business doing that.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2008-05-01 21:34, rossmacrae wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-05-01 12:12, Vandy Grift wrote:
Ross, how should Howard Stern be "busted"?

Well, first, everybody with any sense of decency refuses to listen to him. Naaaah, that still leaves too many people...

Okay, how about he finally outrages people so much he just plain gets fired and STAYS fired?

Ok, it's not gonna happen, is it?

When I lived in Newport, Rhode Island, I used to listen to WNBC because it made me feel that much closer to NYC. (This was before I moved there.) I listened to Howard Stern exactly ONCE! The traffic copter girl (Donna Feducia, I believe) was trying to give the traffic conditions and he wouldn't let her continue unless she allowed him to refer to her as; "The ****** Bag in the chopper!" (I hope they let me keep that word. Ah, they didn't, ah well!) The woman could not get her job done. This was some time in the middle 70s, I've never listened to the man since. (I don't subscribe to the station he's on now, so it's moot.)
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
I used to love Donna Feducia, I am sorry he treated her like that.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Lame magician BUSTED on Howard Stern show. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL