The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Star Prediction Box - R.A.R. Magic, England (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Anyone using this prop? What do yo think?

The ad sounds interesting:

Star Prediction Box

Able to take an object up to the size of a large gentleman’s watch, the ‘Star Prediction Box’ can be used as the finish to any ‘lost and found’ routine, or for a prediction routine, such as a newspaper headline or lottery numbers.

There are two boxes in the set, one nested inside the other, both with separate padlocks and brass fittings. The inner box measures 191mm X 155mm X 77mm and the outer box measures 267mm X 158mm X 115mm and is the largest in our nesting boxes range. Both boxes can be opened by the spectator, when they remove and open the inner box they can do so without being anywhere near you. The effect can be performed completely surrounded allowing the performer to work under test conditions, yet still be able to load an item into the inner box without arousing suspicion.

http://www.rarmagic.com
andyfisher
View Profile
Veteran user
Norwich, UK
319 Posts

Profile of andyfisher
The ad reads well - shame there isn't an image on the site. I'd be interested to learn more about it - thatnks for pointing it out Smile
'Reading people and bringing them together'

www.doodlemeatree.com
Kipee
View Profile
Regular user
UK
156 Posts

Profile of Kipee
Assuming its still Roy Roth who owns/runs RAR, drop him an email.

I've met him at a few conventions and he's a really nice guy, I'm sure he wouldnt mind sending you guys a picture?

K
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
I believe it's Roy Roths magic shop. I have a couple of his creations and they have been very clever indeed. In fact I just phoned him the other day, it seems to be the only way of contacting him. I bought another article from him. Its an old style magic shop and I'm not sure if Roy is computer savvy. However the couple of original items I've got from him have been great, very clever, and created some years ago. Maybe other members from England can shed more light. I'm very tempted to investigate these boxes further, some how I feel they will be well crafted and clever.
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
It is a Becker creation.
Even though the great thinking, it looks like a magic prop, - not very well suited for a mentalist IMHO.
I don't own this, - I am a bit uncertain about how practical it is, though.

Sven
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
The Nostradamus prediction chests look interesting. The add says createed by Roth and Becker. Theres a photo on the site and they look nice. Larry is a member of the Café, hope he drops in to shed more light. I know there are many ways to achieve headline predictions these days, but I cant help myself when it comes to cleverly made mechanical boxes
VIEW
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of VIEW
It's explained in stunners plus
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Thanks lamystique
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
If its a Larry Becker creation it must be a great thing to use.
I use several of his fine effects and they works very well in real life.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I was often tempted to get the billet ******ing tray...but I may ask them for a photo first...
I've asked to be banned
docsteve
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of docsteve
It;s hard to comment without seeing the photos, but I susepct they work rather like my crystal force box - clear perspex all 4 sides, with clear lid & hinges, and a black velvet base. It's old, from ebay, and from an Israeli company - can get further deatils when I get home tonight, if anyone wants a pic/further details.
The 'action' is fast, smooth, and diabolical.
Iain, I have a routine with this that I hope to share at TM4 (the 'Bizarre Special'!).
Steve
[
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Star Prediction Box - R.A.R. Magic, England (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL