The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Human Pincushion Needles (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

E.C. Valdemar
View Profile
Veteran user
Orange County, CA
301 Posts

Profile of E.C. Valdemar
I don't perform a human Pincushion act that much but when I do it usually w/ small sowing needles. I'd like to use some of the long ones. I understand that I could use Thick wire from the Hardware store. What should I look for? How do I prepare them?

Thanx a lot!

~Robert EC
Rob-ing you of your thoughts www.themindofrobert.weebly.com
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2582 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
Robert, do NOT use thick wire from a hardware store! Needles (like sewing needles and hat pins) are made by a process that draws thicker wire through hundreds of smaller sized mill wheels to get a thin sharp wire that won't bend. This is NOT something you (nor I) can do at home. Go to a flea market and/or antique store and get long hat pins. Preparation is a clean swipe with a strong astringent type disinfectant prior to use. After the act is finished, swab the wound with your saliva to avoid pock marks that can be created with the use of alcohol.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
You can still pick up Bob pins in the UK,,,had mine gold plated after getting a nasty infection fifteen years ago,,had no problems since.

Ken
Gemeanii
View Profile
Regular user
I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now....
161 Posts

Profile of Gemeanii
I've had a really difficult time finding anything longer than the "carnation pins" in craft stores (about 2" long). I did find 8" upholstery needles, but they are large diameter and do not pierce skin too well.

Ken, I’d love details on your source… PM me if you can.

Steve
Steve Gemeny
The Great Gemeanii
[email]steve@gemeny.com[/email]
www.gemeanii.com
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Hi Steve,,,you should have requested before we met !!!
The pins can be found at car boot markets and antique stores, no problem over here. In the town of Hungerford (Famous for the massacre !!) There are upwards of thirty junk shops nearly all of them have or can get bobby pins !!!
On the road at present but if you still have a problem come end of season let me know and I will post you some over.

Note,,the original pins due to their age would have to be dipped in order to work them,,,unless of course you wanted to end up with some kind of blood disorder !!!

Ken
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2582 Posts

Car boot market... flea market.. you Brits!! My cars don't have boots, they wear sneakers.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Otherwise, how would they run?
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2582 Posts

Poorly
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Think I would rather have a car wareing boots rather than a US car full of fleas ! Still I suppose you will always manage to scratch out a living !
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Human Pincushion Needles (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL