The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Your opinion if you have one (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
Only on the mountain tops and then it is about the amount of ice we consume with a bottle of good whiskey.
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
Well, the mother has responded to my letter and agreed to let me teach the kid in private. Ironically, she said in the conversation, "you are the only person in three years who has not said there is something wrong with my child" I had to juggle my response very carefully. I said that I was sure the kid was at least very gifted in many aspects and that it was not my position, job or place to make an assessment on whether she has any problems or not.
In any case I am very happy that it has gone this way and now the real work starts. Will keep you posted.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2008-05-11 03:57, kcg5 wrote:
Profiles in courage is good, but read "born on a blue day" for a good autistic read.

I feel your pain man, I really really do. I work at a after school/ summer camp for "special" kids, add, autism, Asperger's , odd, ect. The thing that gets me is the drugs. It seems that the doc's up the meds when the parents complain, and it often turns them into zombies. And some of the parents just expect us to work wonders (I have to admit, I do make the occasional card disappear), they just drop them off. This job has taught me more than I could imagine, a helped me gain a direction in life. Kids are great, but sometimes they are surrounded by some s***** situations.

regards, kevin

We never asked Chris' doctor to "up his meds." The school did on occassion and was told 'no!' with no argument.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Patrick Differ
View Profile
Inner circle
1540 Posts

Profile of Patrick Differ
You juggled your response to Mom very well. Kudos.

And you're right. The real work begins now. If you can call it work... Smile

Please give us an update about every couple of weeks or so. I am very interested (read: fascinated and enchanted) with/in Language Acquisition (as an aficionado), and I teach English in Guadalajara, Mexico.

And another thing... it's nice to read about someone who cares and someone who wins all on the same page.
Will you walk into my parlour? said the Spider to the Fly,
Tis the prettiest little parlour that ever you did spy;
The way into my parlour is up a winding stair,
And I've a many curious things to show when you are there.

Oh no, no, said the little Fly, to ask me is in vain,
For who goes up your winding stair
-can ne'er come down again.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Your opinion if you have one (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL