The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Magic Performances and Shows (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Thales
View Profile
Elite user
You may have read one of my
415 Posts

Profile of Thales
I looked through the impressively long list of Magic Café forums but could not find any that are set up to list dates and locations of magic performances and shows. If I missed it then someone please let me know where it is. Otherwise I think it would be a good idea to add that forum. Discussing new magic effects and DVD's is nice but most of us have more effects then we know what to do with.

What we really need, or at least what I really need, is to be able to watch good seasoned magicians practicing their craft. How better to learn crowd management, audience interaction and stage presence than to watch magicians that know their stuff. Of course watching bad magicians is probably also educational in a way too. I know there must be tons of magicians working restaurants and doing shows in my area (Boston, New England) but I have been unable to find a place that lists them all and certainly not a place where other magicians can recommend another magicians show.

So how about a new forum for listing and discussing magic performances by location?
"If you can't change the method, change the moment." Vernon
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
We have 4 forums that would fit what you are looking for.

1.So Happy Together which announces upcoming events
2.Magic names in the media which talks about stars of magic and their shows and events
3. The Marquee Says which lists events in certain areas.
Where the magic begins
Thales
View Profile
Elite user
You may have read one of my
415 Posts

Profile of Thales
Thanks Dave. But now you have me wondering what the forth forum is...

I did see Magic names in the media but it seemed like a place where people just talked about gossip (e.g. Criss Angel is an !@#, no he is not, yes he is, etc.). So Happy Together and The Marquee Says sound a bit more promising to me.
Thanks again.
John
"If you can't change the method, change the moment." Vernon
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
My typo. I didn't really mean 4 forums unless you count the latest and greatest forum. It really isn't meant for that but occassionally a post gets made about something that's coming up as a rumor or gossip.
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Magic Performances and Shows (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL