The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Dan Harlan Jam Session Tour (May 30th-June 5th) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

crdshark86
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
238 Posts

Profile of crdshark86
Harlan's Professional Jam Sessions begin at 7 PM (unless otherwise noted) in the following cities/dates (08):

Eagle, ID on May 30-- Location: 1141 W. Hempstead Dr. -- Contact: Kipp.sherry@kippsherrymagic.info
Salt Lake City, UT on May 31/June 1-- Location: TBA
Sacramento, CA on June 2 -- Location: TBA
San Francisco, CA on June 3 -- Location: TBA
Renton, WA on June 4 -- Location: 17318 Woodside Dr. -- Contact: Evanwestmagic@gmail.com

For the Locations TBA, we are still looking for hosts with a meeting room, magic shop, or even a private residence. If you can offer a suitable location, please contact us at danharlanmagic@yahoo.com. If no hosts are found by this Sunday, Harlan will still appear in each city by hosting the sessions in his hotel. We'll update this list on Monday for those interested in attending. Harlan will talk openly about his recent incident, then treat you to his revolutionary new Jam Session concept:

HARLAN's Professional JAM SESSIONS

This is no "standard magic lecture" -- the Professional Jam Session provides you with incredible insight into the psychology and methodology of deception, and treats you to fully scripted professional routines to illustrate every point. Each session includes personal, practical instruction from Dan Harlan, a full-time professional magician with over 30 years of real-life performing experience. How much is that going to cost you? How about 25 bucks? Yep, that's right, just enough to keep the "dead weight" away so we can get into the real secrets of magic, yet still unbelievably cheap!

"Truly a creative genius, Dan Harlan's personal instruction provides a rare opportunity to acquire the essential tools that will last a lifetime." -- Jeff McBride

Here's just a few things I'll share with you:
Perfecting Sleights and Various Forms of Misdirection
Creating Your Own Effects and Personalizing Your Material
The Hook and Other Scripting Techniques
Building Routines to a Climax and The Principle of the Series of 3
Structuring Your Show for Maximum Impact
How to Get Paying Gigs and What to Charge
How to Approach People in Any Situation
Types of Audiences and Handling Difficult Spectators
Stage Presence: What it is and How to Get It
Major Causes of Stage Fright and How to Deal With It
What To Do When Things Go Wrong
Life on the Road and What Goes On Behind the Scenes
...and plenty of other cool stuff!

Plus, I recommend you bring a routine you're working on and I will show you how to hone it to perfection.

The price for this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity is only $25 per person, so... will you sit at home wondering what all the fuss is about, or will you hang out with me and the "hardcore group" who care about creating great magic. It's your choice -- I hope to see you there.

You may also bring a notebook to write down important notes (audio recording permitted, video is not). If you would like personal instruction on a specific routine, bring it with you. Thanks again for supporting this exciting new concept.
I'll see you there!
--Dan Harlan

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
DAN HARLAN created Card-Toon, Hover-Card, Crazy-8, Color-Mixer, Hold It Buster, Hot Crossed Ones, Missing Think, My Word!, Red Rover, Royal Oil, Switchblade, The JUG, etc. His incredible routines include Burnt to the Core, Cheez Wiz, Horror Matrix, Now U Z It, Rising Dough, Starcle, Tight Rope, World's Saddest Trick, and of course... countless rubber-band effects. Harlan has consulted for top professionals including: Kevin James, Jeff McBride, Keith Barry, David Copperfield, etc.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Ask me about Dan Harlan's Jam Sessions!
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5472 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
I had the great pleasure of spending an evening with Dan in Renton, WA last night, and all I can tell you is that if you are presented with an opportunity to attend a future jam session, by all means do! We were treated to 3 1/2 hours of performance and performance theory, packed with genuine personality and undeniable passion. Great job, Dan! Thanks!
Jason Purdy
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Jason Purdy
If any one sees Dan, Please remind him that I have been very patiently waiting on an order for "The Jug" since October 26, 2005. (No joke!) I'd either like to receive my order or get a refund. Seriously!

Thanks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Dan Harlan Jam Session Tour (May 30th-June 5th) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL