The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Linking ring question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gillesA4
View Profile
Special user
Brussels, Belgium
593 Posts

Profile of gillesA4
Hi all!
A question to the more-experienced-than-me of this forum- all of you then: I'd like to buy my first set of linking rings, where would you buy such a set? So many shops on the net!
Oh, yeah, please don't mention Owen, I cannot afford 500 $ on this!
Thanks in advance!
Friendly,
Gilles
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. (A. Einstein)
fastmagic
View Profile
New user
Idaho
46 Posts

Profile of fastmagic
Gilles,
it really depends on where you are performing this effect. if you are doing it on stage with a large crowd, then you'd definately want bigger rings, but if you are in a parlor or close up setting, then you'd be fine with just regular rings that are about 10" in diameter. Those will run you about $20 in a normal run about magic shop. hope I helped
gillesA4
View Profile
Special user
Brussels, Belgium
593 Posts

Profile of gillesA4
There are no "normal" magic shops in my city of Brussels, Belgium, unfortunately! They sale 12" rings for 135$, and small 8" for 60$!!!!
That's why I'm browsing the net, looking for advice, as I cannot touch the thing...
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. (A. Einstein)
marty.sasaki
View Profile
Inner circle
1117 Posts

Profile of marty.sasaki
Do a search on "linking rings" here and look at all of the threads. There has been a lot of discussion about this.

It really depends on what you want, the kind of performance, and how much craftsmanship is worth to you.
Marty Sasaki
Arlington, Massachusetts, USA

Standard disclaimer: I'm just a hobbyist who enjoys occasionally mystifying friends and family, so my opinions should be viewed with this in mind.
ttorres
View Profile
Special user
Rock Hill, SC
513 Posts

Profile of ttorres
GillesA4,

Go to http://www.theambitiouscard.com

They have a really nice set of 10" rings for $36.00 plus shipping. Frank will take care of you. He is a member here on the café and a great guy.

I hope this helps.

Tony
...the magic that creates Memories!
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
I'll second Tony's suggestion. I got a set of those from Frank they are great!

http://www.theambitiouscard.com/details.cfm?id=3090

Mark.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Jay Marshall worked on stage with 8-inch rings. Go for the Ambitious Card set. Can't go wrong.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Faulkner
View Profile
Loyal user
New Orleans
249 Posts

Profile of Faulkner
Good service too.
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
I was going to suggest Uday rings, but guess what?? "Ambitious Card"

Jim
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I PM'd him about the rings on my website. Shipping is the killer since he's in Belgium. Even if I gave him the bargain of the century they'd still be a lot.
I told him to use me as a last resort.

I use those rings. They are great. For the price they're outstanding.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
gillesA4
View Profile
Special user
Brussels, Belgium
593 Posts

Profile of gillesA4
Followed your advices and ordered Uday; as Frank said, I've paid more for shipping than for the rings themselves....
A huge thanks for your help, all!
Be good!
Friendly,
Gilles
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Linking ring question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL