The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » The Fastest Trick In The World (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
I bought this trick about 14 years ago from the Browsers Den of Magic in Toronto for $125.00. The effect is simple, you display a thin tray with an 8 oz clear glass (no mirror) and a crystal clear champaign bottle, both are empty. You place a silk into the glass so that it is over filling it. you place the bottle in a brown paper bag.

Now in full view without even touching the glass, the silk instantly vanishes! you pull the bottle out of the paper bag and the silk is now trapped in the bottle! It looks amazing. It was invented by Mr. Bateman sorry, I can't recall his first name.

The prop was all handmade and extemely well made at that! It also came with a video of the effect. The only other effect I know he made, was a little gem called, 'Get the lead out'. I have never seen this (T.F.T.I.T.W.) anywhere else, or even know of anyone who has one.

I'm pretty sure it's worth some pretty good coin now!

My question is, has anyone ever seen this before or know of it, and if so, what it might be worth. I was offered about $300.00 for it a couple of years ago, I turned it down cause I think it might be worth more. And no it is nothing like 'Silkola'. Smile
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
This sounds like a version of Okito's hank vanishing tray. It was explained in the Albo books. Basically, a reel went zig zag in a tray to vanish the silk.. If the thread was run through the bottle the thread would pull the silk from the glass through the tray and into the bottle. Hope this helps.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Well this does help a little. The tray is similar in what you described. However the bottle is also gimmicked. This method uses two silks, one for the vanish and one for the production. Any Idea on its value?

P.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » The Fastest Trick In The World (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL