The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Stick a Pip (peel and stick) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Mike Melito
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of Mike Melito
I bought a set and never got around to using it yet. Not sure I will at this point. Haven't found a card reveal I like with it yet.
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
I brought a sheet of 'Stick a Pip' from Card Collection (UK). I got them to stick onto some perspex for a specific effect, and the actual pips look good. I did try to make up a gaff card, and alignment was a problem. I minimised the problem by roughly cutting out a pip on a regular card and overlaying it on a blank face card. This template allowed some accuracy in positioning.
The pips do not come off readily in my experience, although I have not spent any real effort trying this out. I'll try a handling test to see if they make the cards feel like they've been dipped in roughing fluid!
If anyone wants a specific 'Stick a Pip experiment' done, let me know.
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
I stuck 6 pips on a card to see if it 'dragged' or stuck, and to be honest, while I am no card manipulator, I found no problem at all with normal cuts, shuffles and flourishes. Perhaps time will change this.
PS - I then carefully peeled them off to save waste!
valueduser
View Profile
New user
Batavia, ny
77 Posts

Profile of valueduser
Quote:
On 2008-06-17 12:39, CardMaker wrote:
I guess HANK LEE has them still.

The fako sheets that hank sells aren't the old dry transfers. They are wet transfer decals like you would use on a model car. I ordered some a about a year ago and they look very washed out, gray and pink rather than red and black. Hank was nice enough to let me return the unused sheets. I have considered getting custom made letraset dry transfers from a print shop but am definitely going to try these first.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
How does the color of the red pips compare with the red pips in a bike deck?
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
gadfly3d
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of gadfly3d
"not really. The better is the enemy of the good. (could not translate it better, this is what you say in Germany"

Which works fine in English although I hear more often "the excellent is the enemy of the good."

Gil
magic soul
View Profile
Regular user
U.K.
104 Posts

Profile of magic soul
Where can I get stick a pips. Please pm me. Thanks
andy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Stick a Pip (peel and stick) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL