The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Extreme Burn versus Prophet (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Poveglia
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando, FL
240 Posts

Profile of Poveglia
Ok so I bought Prophet and I love, but I cannot use it. It is an outstanding effect and I'm glad I supported Tom by buying this awesome trick, yet for my style of magic this effect just doesn't fit in. I like to hand everything out after almost every effect I do, and Prophet just does not allow me to really do that.

Now I am looking at Extreme Burn, and considering buying it. My question is how will this effect work for the style I described above?

Is it 100% examinable and able to be handed out?

Please help me with this.
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Um, I own "Extreme Burn" and not "Prophet," but from what I understand, they are basically the same gimmick. ("Extreme Burn" has something extra added to it.) Neither is examinable.
Benji Bruce
View Profile
Special user
930 Posts

Profile of Benji Bruce
If you're looking to do a bill change that allows you to hand out the bills for examination then I would recommend buying the "Swtich" book by John Lovick. There are dozens of bill changes that would work perfect.

I can understand that you want to hand out the bills for examination but all you have to do it create the belief that everything was handed out and normal.
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
If you do what "Benji Bruce" said at the end of his statement, you should never have to worry about handing anything out. Belief with Prophet comes before and after the effect, showing both sides of each convincingly, and also your patter. I have yet to have someone heckle me on seeing the Bills after performing Prophet, it's all in the handling and your presentation.
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Poveglia, welcome to NC! I'm a Charlotte native myself. I've never posted, but just received "Extreme Burn" today and I couldn't hold back any longer. I have to tell you, the crispness and opennessof the handling that Sanders teaches will leave no energy left for the spectator to say "let me see those bills!" Even after going thru the entire setup, I found myself laughing from astonishment at the moves being demonstrated, as well as the explanations. It's just that impressive. Do whatever method you choose, tuck the packet in your shirt pocket, and leave them stunned. If you want to hand out a bill after the change, try Juan Bill Switch, but "Extreme Burn", with a bit of technique, is almost self working.
Again, welcome to the Tarheel State (I'll explain how that term came about later.)
Scott Fridinger
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester Pt, VA
893 Posts

Profile of Scott Fridinger
The "Easy Money" effects in question are excellent, I used it during my last show and it was the one thing everyone wanted to see and was talking about (I used the Heiny 500 routine, but they are all based on the same principal.) Not once did anyone ask to examine the bills.

I understand your desire to want to have examinable effects, but I would agree with Benji Bruce, if you are doing some effects, where items are examined and you are "creat(ing) the belief" that everything is examinable, you will be fine. Don't make it a point to say, "Here look at this (fill in the blank)." Then they will want to touch everything. But if you work in effects which allow specs. to hold or touch items, and you don't stress that it is for them to examine the items for "trickery" they will become comfortable that everything is on the up and up.

There are too many great effects that are not completely examinable, and there are too many tricks that people have gone to great lengths to "end clean", but end up hurting the effect. Learn to handle the audience and you will be good.
www.JustGreatMagic.com
Sleight of Hand, Sleight of Mind
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2008-06-17 22:24, Poveglia wrote:
I like to hand everything out after almost every effect I do

Now I am looking at Extreme Burn, and considering buying it. My question is how will this effect work for the style I described above?

All but one bill can be handed out. The effect is so convincing, the spectators will not need to examine the bills.
ftlum
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, CA
730 Posts

Profile of ftlum
Quote:
On 2008-07-02 10:58, Dynamike wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-06-17 22:24, Poveglia wrote:
I like to hand everything out after almost every effect I do

All but one bill can be handed out. The effect is so convincing, the spectators will not need to examine the bills.

This is true for both Prophet and EB. If that's all you're concerned about, there's no need for you to buy the Sanders DVD... but I'd still recommend you get it. The EB gimmick really allows for some incredible changes.

- Frank
NurseRob
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, TX
469 Posts

Profile of NurseRob
I use extreme burn alot, mostly to pay for stuff when the moment is ripe for it. I think it is an excellent device to create a quick impromptu visual effect when you need a dollar bill for the next trick, but all you have are twenties..Just turn them into some ones" and move into your next trick: a torn and restored/ bill switch routine, useful when your audience has no money. I do not let anyone touch the burn, it is just my wad of money, no examination of the wad needed, make the change and move on.
Ut imago est animi voltus sic indices oculi ~
The face is a picture of the mind as the eyes are its interpreter ~Cicero
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
A few week ago I added "Extreme Burn" to my set. All I have to say is that I wish I'd added it a long time ago. Really rocks.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I will be receiving mine soon in the mail.
whitjm5
View Profile
Loyal user
of magic in Jacksonville, FL
222 Posts

Profile of whitjm5
Quote:
On 2008-07-03 12:04, Dynamike wrote:

Dynamike,

Let us know what you think? I'm considering it, as well. It looks like a must-have.
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Man, there are so many threads on this. I will not reiterate my points again, but Extreme Burn is the best variation of Easy Money hands down.
dAvId tOnG
View Profile
Regular user
sInGaPoRe
103 Posts

Profile of dAvId tOnG
I bought Extreme Burn some time back, but only watched it recently and made the gimmick. Wow! That is the BEST money effect. Even if you know the secret, you just love playing it over and over again in front of the mirror. The illusion of changing papers to money will give the audience a big big shock!
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2008-07-08 18:21, whitjm5 wrote:
Quote:

Dynamike,

Let us know what you think? I'm considering it, as well. It looks like a must-have.

There is nothing to be nervous of. Go for it. Richard Sanders also shows many methods to perform it. The only tricky part is the "get ready" postion. But with crisp bills (as Richard mentions) with the "lip", it will become a breeze.
whitjm5
View Profile
Loyal user
of magic in Jacksonville, FL
222 Posts

Profile of whitjm5
Quote:
On 2008-07-09 14:41, Dynamike wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-07-08 18:21, whitjm5 wrote:
Quote:

Dynamike,

There is nothing to be nervous of. Go for it. Richard Sanders also shows many methods to perform it. The only tricky part is the "get ready" postion. But with crisp bills (as Richard mentions) with the "lip", it will become a breeze.

If I give you my wife's e-mail you think you could help convince her? Smile lol
MrAlex
View Profile
New user
Indiana
51 Posts

Profile of MrAlex
I'm in the process of getting one of these.

The Prophet looked to me to be way more hard-hitting.

If people have some additional suggestions (besides the style that works for you) to choose between EB and Prophet, let me know.
DP the Great
View Profile
Regular user
CC, Texas
198 Posts

Profile of DP the Great
Extreme Burn is definitely next on my list. -DP
D. P. the Great
www.dpandedmagic.com
mossymanmo
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of mossymanmo
Quote:
On Jun 18, 2008, bugjack wrote:
Um, I own "Extreme Burn" and not "Prophet," but from what I understand, they are basically the same gimmick. ("Extreme Burn" has something extra added to it.) Neither is examinable.

Extreme Burn 2 has a presentation that is completely examinable. You put the wallet, from which you took the bills, away and can hand the bills to the spectator. I showed this to my son, and he held the bills up to the light and of course saw nothing. It is very clever and a very natural move that causes no suspicion at all
TheMightyRicardo
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of TheMightyRicardo
Extreme Burn 2 is great and I use it all the time. One of the major strengths of magic with paper money is that people do not seriously expect you to hand it out for examination, especially larger denominations that get great reactions. Even friends will pull the obvious joke of putting it their pocket and you have to wait for them to hand it back. Just show the bills, exaggerate keeping them out of reaching hands, then put them away safely in your pocket.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Extreme Burn versus Prophet (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL