The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Getting a grand illusion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

blackdeck
View Profile
New user
Baltimore, MD
85 Posts

Profile of blackdeck
If I wanted to get a grand illusion like lance Burton and the pros do where there is a box or clothe. and its shown empty and then someone or multiple people or things walk out how could I buy something like this?
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Sounds like you're taking pretty big bite there, Austin. Grand Illusion is a pretty serious business, that can be very expensive and require years of work.

What magic do you do now? How long have you been doing it?
~michael baker
The Magic Company
blackdeck
View Profile
New user
Baltimore, MD
85 Posts

Profile of blackdeck
I do card magic. thanks 4 the heads up. I was just wondering what it took to get into stuff like this
Lusion
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of Lusion
It takes money! Money for assistants and money for the illusion and a lot of rehearsal and maybe which think you should do is have money to hire consultants to help you also.

Justin
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Lusion is so right. Denny Haney made a wonderful point on a very cool podcast, (mine). Why is David Copperfield so successful. If you or I wanted to perform ZigZag, we would pay the $2500 for the box, and do the trick. David would pay the $2500, and then $2000 for cheorography, $1000 for special lighting, and a few grand more for music royalties.
JoyJoy
View Profile
Special user
Germany
514 Posts

Profile of JoyJoy
Don´t forget the storage and the transportation issues...
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1850 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
Austin:

Here is a link to most of the top pro builders of illusions today:
http://www.magicauction.com/IllusionHotl......ders.htm

99% of all pro magicians have had their props built by one of these builders.

You specifically mentioned Lance Burton. He has had many of his props built by Bill Smith Magic Ventures, who is on the list.

Start saving your money.

Chris
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2008-06-17 23:03, blackdeck wrote:
If I wanted to get a grand illusion like lance Burton and the pros do where there is a box or clothe. and its shown empty and then someone or multiple people or things walk out how could I buy something like this?

Before you get the illusion, you have to get the money.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Getting a grand illusion (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL