The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Good Side of Athletes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
This past weekend we were fortunate to attend the USA Gymnastics Olympic Trials in Philadelphia. Kevin, one of the coaches at my daughter's gym, was on staff at the event, working the floor. Although I'm sure Kevin enjoyed himself, he was disappointed to be missing his ten-year-old son's state championship soccer tournament.

After the tournament had concluded, his son sent him a text message to say that his team had won the silver medal. When the text arrived, Kevin was walking alongside Shayla Worley, one of the eventual Olympic qualifiers, and he promptly called his son to congratulate him. Shayla heard what was going on, grabbed the phone from Kevin, gave her congratulations to the son, and took the phone over to where the rest of the team was sitting, where they all got on the phone and congratulated him. These were folks like Shawn Johnson, Nastia Liukin, Chellsie Memmel, Alicia Sacramone, etc.

The most important meet of their lives, and they had tme to congratulate a ten-year-old a thousand miles away for his soccer triumph.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Nice story. Thanks.

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Dr. Delusion
View Profile
Special user
Eugene, Oregon.
733 Posts

Profile of Dr. Delusion
That's just too cool. I love hearing about things like that. Thanks for sharing the story.
Bob.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Good Side of Athletes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL