The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Can't Get Skinner's Monte Going (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
mshanker
View Profile
New user
Frankfort, KY
84 Posts

Profile of mshanker
I recently bought and learned the Skinner 3 Card Monte. The handling in the booklet is identical to the one Bill Malone uses. I like Leo-Kim's idea of moving the cards around for the first two phases.

I have seen Malone's DVD (volume 1) and have seen Ammar's handling on youtube. Frankly, I don't like either of their story lines. The one I'm working on is loosely based on the "Comeback Card" story used by Martin Lewis for an entirely different trick. Basically, I start off by saying that I went to a magic shop to purchase a trick I had seen. I didn't know the name of the trick, but told the magician behind the counter about the trick. (Here I perform phase 1.) The magician then says that he doesn't have that exact trick, but another similar one which goes like this. (I do Phase 2.) When I ask the magician if he would sell me the trick he quotes $100 for the trick, and I then put the cards away and look disapointed and say "I didn't think that trick was worth $100. That's why I never learnt it."
Manoj
loyaleagle
View Profile
Special user
Montgomery Village, Maryland
567 Posts

Profile of loyaleagle
Quote:
On 2009-06-18 23:27, mshanker wrote:
I recently bought and learned the Skinner 3 Card Monte. The handling in the booklet is identical to the one Bill Malone uses. I like Leo-Kim's idea of moving the cards around for the first two phases.

I have seen Malone's DVD (volume 1) and have seen Ammar's handling on youtube. Frankly, I don't like either of their story lines. The one I'm working on is loosely based on the "Comeback Card" story used by Martin Lewis for an entirely different trick. Basically, I start off by saying that I went to a magic shop to purchase a trick I had seen. I didn't know the name of the trick, but told the magician behind the counter about the trick. (Here I perform phase 1.) The magician then says that he doesn't have that exact trick, but another similar one which goes like this. (I do Phase 2.) When I ask the magician if he would sell me the trick he quotes $100 for the trick, and I then put the cards away and look disapointed and say "I didn't think that trick was worth $100. That's why I never learnt it."

Hmm, I like that plot a lot. I still plan to do my "history of the monte" type of plot though because people seem to get really excited (sometimes) about seeing a real "big city scam" done in slow motion in front of their eyes.
Visit my blog: ScienceIsMagic.com
The_Outlaw
View Profile
New user
Texas
45 Posts

Profile of The_Outlaw
Quote:
On 2008-07-01 01:36, loyaleagle wrote:
I've had Skinner's Monte for just about forever and I have been unable to really perform it convincingly. I know I'm doing everything per the instructions, but the effect is so crazy and without a serious out, that I've had a number of people call out the most likely secret (which is often right). Do you guys have any ideas on how to get my now shoeboxed monte set back into the crowd?

Ask me questions if need be. Thanks a bunch!

I like Bill Malone's way of doing this great trick.
It works very well for me.
Good luck.
Oh yeah?! Well...That's like...just your 'opinion' man.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Can't Get Skinner's Monte Going (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL