The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Flash Gun 2 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
tannin
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of tannin
I cant seem to get the instruction video to work .Anyone else with that problem?
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1143 Posts

Profile of indomagic
I bought this, but no both written / video instruction provided. Anybody else has some problem? .
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1143 Posts

Profile of indomagic
Finally I got the video instruction from Murphys. It seems there is no flash cotton needed for this trick. I have not tried it yet, but I doubt if the fire can be seen as shown on the video demo.
dreamadream99
View Profile
Regular user
Central Alberta, Canada
137 Posts

Profile of dreamadream99
Can anyone who has this, tell me if Lycopodium Powder (dragon's breath) is involved in creating the flame?
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1143 Posts

Profile of indomagic
No dragon breath/no flash paper are involved .
bryanlonden
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
583 Posts

Profile of bryanlonden
Any new information or reviews on this?

And is this the same gimmick used on the beginning of the Nestor Hato DVD?
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=uzaWag7hwuA&feature=related
NEW Conscious clothing to inspire yourself and others.

http://www.thisisdivisions.com
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
As the product seems to be supplied without instructions, it's hard to imagine that the Nestor Hato DVD which shows a flame shooting out from his hand, is the Flash Gun 2. But of course, there are probably ways to make this happen. The Flash Gun 2, which as I said above, I don't own, but have seen, is certainly capable of creating a flash and bang at your fingertips. I think it would require flash cotton, but maybe I'm wrong there. I never got to try it out, so I don't know if the igniter would do any more than create a bang (which it certainly can do).
My preference for this type of effect is a more substantial product, which is attached to a pull. There are some awesome pyrotechincs units available. Flash Gun 2 is quite simply, highly overpriced. A lot of your buck is paying for the "secret", which frankly, isn't original at all.
Flash Gun 2 is a neat unit, and potentially could sell thousands. If the manufacturer were to get real, he'd sell this for a fraction of the price. I guess he wants to keep it "exclusive"......until someone rips off his "idea".....and in the meantime, whoever buys it wishes he'd done a bit more shopping around.....
My 2c...
Potty Smile
bryanlonden
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
583 Posts

Profile of bryanlonden
Lol thanks Potty for your 2 cents, they are much appreciated.
NEW Conscious clothing to inspire yourself and others.

http://www.thisisdivisions.com
doormouse
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of doormouse
Yes, I agree. This is way overpriced.
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1143 Posts

Profile of indomagic
I am not sure if using flash paper/cotton can be working or not ? Someone out there have try using them, pls comment. I feel the demo is misleading.
JollyMon
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of JollyMon
I got this, neat idea - but incredibly OVERPRICED. Cannot do what is shown in the video, and is VERY LOUD ! I also could not find a video.

I am sending it back
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Flash cotton works well with this. It makes a nice flame, and seems to work pretty well if you really pack it with fuel. I haven't succeeded in making it look like the flamethrower we saw in the original video. But everything said here is on the mark. It's a $10 product (maybe $25, to compensate the creator for the idea) with minimal instructions. If people are close to you, you might want them to cover their ears (which, of course, kills some of the shock value). But, like Tarbell said, some of the best effects are very simple, and the effect itself isn't bad at all.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
teoswand
View Profile
Regular user
usa
108 Posts

Profile of teoswand
Could someone write where is flame produced?, does it look like on demo video...or the flame just pops out above the hand ?
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
It depends how you hold the gimmick. You can control the direction.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Flash Gun 2 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL