The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2008 entrée: Rudy Coby » » New Fans » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicMunkey
View Profile
New user
Nashville
58 Posts

Profile of MagicMunkey
It looks like you earned quite a few this week. Add me and my family to the list. Many of my thoughts have already been said but I would like to add one thing: there are not many performers (of any kind) that my wife, daughter and I can all thorughly enjoy. Heck, just keeping the 6 yr old's attention for more than a few minutes is an accomplishment in itself. And not only did Puppet Boy NOT traumatize her (not sure if I can say the same for myself) but it prompted her to ask some pretty intelligent questions. OK enough blubbering. We are all looking forward to some DVD releases and/or new material in the future.
-Chris
Rudy Coby
View Profile
V.I.P.
210 Posts

Profile of Rudy Coby
Thank you for the nice compliments - I really appreciate you taking the time to write.

Yeah, the reason I think that it works for such a varied age group audience is that, at base, I'm writing the routines for the nine year old kid inside - me but at the same time it has to be twisted enough to amuse the adult that I've become. If you watch the Warner Brothers Bugs Bunny cartoons or any of Tex Avery's work, you'll see that there was so much stuff that flew over your head as a child that makes them entertaining on a whole different level even today.

Same with Batman, or Pee Wee, or even Wall-E with the environmental message that goes right past the kids watching the funny robot story, but is probably going to bubble to the surface of heir imaginations in the not to distant future.

My material literally had been used in TV specials shot in front of the Castle at Disneyland to being used by Marilyn Manson in front of the toughest audiences in the world without missing a beat.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2008 entrée: Rudy Coby » » New Fans » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL