The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Card Zones (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

danny
View Profile
Loyal user
England
269 Posts

Profile of danny
Has anyone read card zones (the first five books by Peter Duffie and Jerry "god" Sadowitz. I am thinking of buying it, but would like someone to tell me if it's good or not. Also do you have to be superhuman to pull of any of the sleights in it. my email is danieltril@hotmail.com
Thanks
Danny
AndiGladwin
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
587 Posts

Profile of AndiGladwin
Card Zones is one of my favourite purchases of the last few months. Basically, its just superb!

The effects are not the easiest that you'll come across. Some are easy, and some will take quite a lot of time to learn.

I have a much more detailed review coming up at AllMagicRevies very soon, so keep an eye out for it.

--Andi
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
When some of the the material in that book (Alternative Card Magic) was first published top card magicians the world over raved over it, (including Marlo).
Paul.
Ian Rowland
View Profile
Special user
London
889 Posts

Profile of Ian Rowland
I have a copy. I think that for anyone seriously interested in miraculous card magic it's a MUST buy. Duffie and Sadowtiz both deliver shimmering gems of card magic, and here is most of their best output compiled into one very well-produced volume. Yes, most of the effects require good skills, but the effects are well-explained and all are 100% practical.
www.ianrowland.com . Working Magic.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
How much does it cost and where is it available?
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Mitch
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Canada
157 Posts

Profile of Mitch
Just did a yahoo search and found it here...
source and price (in U.K.) - may not be available in North America yet...

http://www.airtime.uk.com/magic-books-2.htm

Mitch
Mitch Solway
AndiGladwin
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
587 Posts

Profile of AndiGladwin
I think I remember seeing it on Magic Smith's front page a few weeks back. Its not cheap - but its worth far more than the £35/$50 asking price.

--Andi
miztyz
View Profile
New user
scotland
20 Posts

Profile of miztyz
Hi

I have card zones, and have been through the whole book; the effects are all excellent and are within the reach of the average card worker (dont let anyone tell you different).
My one quibble with it though is that some of the pictures have been left out so sometimes youll get a discription which refers you to (fig 1) and it simply wont be there.

Best book of the year anyway.

the best place to get it is direct from the publisher martin breese, apparantly Sadowitz wasnt too happy about the publication of this book, i heard somewhere he was taking martin breese to court over it, any one have any idea why?

http://www.abdn.ac.uk/~u17emb/magicden.html
like innovative card techniques?
Visit

www21.brinkster.com/magicden

and learn some new ones Smile
cardguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, New York
1171 Posts

Profile of cardguy
Apparently, not many people know about this book, but I want to get my hands on it.
Frank G. a.k.a. Cardguy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Card Zones (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL