The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » What makes a good close-up routine? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
bunkyhenry
View Profile
Special user
NYC Metro
828 Posts

Profile of bunkyhenry
If you are more natural than technical, try this...Work a lot or do magic for free a lot. I mean a lot! By using audience feedback, you should be able to see what works best and in what combinations. Then stick to this rule..."Do what the audience likes most"
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
I think that Peter hit the nail on the head.
You should come across as a warm and likeable person so that people will be interested in your performance.

You should also have a reasonably rehearsed act with a logical opening -middle- and closing sequence. Just the same as any good theatrical experience. In other words, it should make sense.

In judging material, you choose effects that you enjoy performing as long as the plots are easy to follow. But don't make the audience work too hard. People go to restaurants to break away from their daily routines....Remember that you are the dessert.
Nando
View Profile
New user
St. Louis, MO
74 Posts

Profile of Nando
All good point so far. I feel strongly about involving the audience. Get them involved, even if it's just holding a card, or saying a magic word. Close-up magic that happens in their hands always get the best reaction.

Nando
The opposite of bravery is not cowardice, but conformity.
-Robert Anthony
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » What makes a good close-up routine? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL