The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Pro sound (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

B Hackler
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of B Hackler
I am looking at buying a Pro Sound system to use at birthday parties. Can anyone give me feedback on the product? The one I am looking at buying is on the Malloy Modern Magic website.
SoCalPro
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1634 Posts

Profile of SoCalPro
It would be nice for you to provide a link so that those who are willing to help you don't have to search around. Smile
Mystic_master
View Profile
New user
Baltimore Md
10 Posts

Profile of Mystic_master
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/B......u=481041

This product may help. 40 Watts is a lot to do most rooms. Add a wireless headset mic from Audio-Technica, and you've got a small setup that you can use anywhere!

100.00 USD
SoCalPro
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1634 Posts

Profile of SoCalPro
This is what I use: http://www.anchoraudio.com/product.cfm?C......=MINIVOX

This, a tripod and a VSM, and you have yourself a show. Smile

Very loud, very durable. HIGHLY recommended.
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2719 Posts

Profile of sethb
The original post referred to a table with built-in amplified speakers, click HERE to view.

While this might be a neat idea, it is only the beginning of a sound system; you would still need to get a corded mic or a wireless transmitter (body pack) and a receiver to plug into the powered speakers. All that audio gear might fit inside the table, but I'd be concerned that it might also make the table a bit top-heavy and possibly prone to tipping. The Malloy ad doesn't say what wattage or size the speakers are; you ought to inquire. Ditto what sort of batteries it takes and whether they are rechargeable -- you don't want to be buying cases of "D" cells!

One more thought. The Malloy table seems OK if people are sitting down, because then the speakers are sort of at "ear level." But if they are standing, the speakers will be projecting the sound at their stomachs, and it won't carry very far. I have found that speakers need to be at ear level or a little higher in order to get the best sound coverage and the most efficient use of your system.

I looked at the Anchor Minivox, also the Fender Passport P10, but I ultimately went with a Paso ProCast50, click HERE for more info, and have been satisfied with my choice. It is really a 30-watt system, despite being advertised as a 50-watt system, and is good for audiences of up to 50, perhaps 75 people. With a wireless lav mike, carry case and tripod speaker stand, it runs about $650.

At 10 watts, the Fender unit (click HERE to view) seemed underpowered for what I needed, and the Minivox just looked very industrial and unattractive (sorry, SoCalPro!). I also looked at the Anchor AN-130, click HERE to view, but needed cordless/battery capability, and that unit was AC only. SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
John Gerard
View Profile
Loyal user
Guam
284 Posts

Profile of John Gerard
Actually, I believe the original post was in reference to the product called "Pro Sound". Here is the link:

http://www.malloymodernmagic.com/pro_sound.htm
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Pro sound (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL