The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Busking Permits- UK (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

knibby
View Profile
New user
Liverpool, England
52 Posts

Profile of knibby
Sorry to everyone, I asked this question in the 'Busking Permits' thread but thought I'd get an answer quicker this way. I'm just wondering if a busking permit is required in the UK if so how do I go about getting one?
Thanks,
Graeme
jolyonjenkins
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1181 Posts

Profile of jolyonjenkins
It varies from place to place. Some town centres are managed by private companies, and they all have different policies. Some hold auditions (in theory though I don't think many people do them) You can tie yourself up in knots trying to find it all out. May as well just go out there and see what happens.
Jolyon Jenkins
tom hughes
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of tom hughes
Chester... open, just don't busk at the cross.
York... contact the City Council and you can get a permit straightaway.
I think both manchester and Liverpool are fairly open but don't know where the pitches are.
Truro appears to be open ( according to the only busker I met there) although the streets are narrow ( may be good for a small sidewalk show).
Bath... the square outside the Cathedral/ Baths looked great... not sure on permits.
Dublin... holy smoke... I still think this place is pitch heaven.

Those are the only ones I've recently checked out. Rule of thumb is to ask the city council.

I may be well off the mark with this info... I gleaned most of it a couple of months ago while visiting home for a few weeks and only busked a little.

Good luck

tom
http://www.ashevillemagic.com
http://www.themagictomshow.com
magician/magic show in asheville w.n.c.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Busking Permits- UK (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL