The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Different type of strait jacket (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DavisG
View Profile
New user
Virginia
34 Posts

Profile of DavisG
While looking at jackets on the Internet, I came across one that was a mite different. Instead of having the arms crossed over the chest, it had the the arms held behind, paralell to each other, in an armbinder style.

I hesitate to post a link, as this was on a bondage site. Not even sure I can find it again. It did look like an interesting escape though.

What is the opinion on the forum as to using bondage gear in escapes or am I wandering as to good taste?
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
If you're using a piece of equipment, YOU're the one who writes the script.

I had a tour once, where in every city, the PR people took me to a bondage shop, and put me into some piece of equipment. It was good publicity. It also made for some interesting challenges, and lessons learned about technique. And I didn't get stuck.

A number of years back, EAs had the Wheeler-Tanner catalogue as a source for equipment. There must have been a hundred different SJ models available. None were right. None were wrong. It was just equipment.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
We should all go over to Joseph Lauher's and look at the jackets he has.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Yes.

And considering that they were invented about 400 years ago, there's been a lot of room for different designs.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
I know a guy who challanged a person in a bondage shop to escape from the cuffs they had..... they ALL had to have a safety release so that the person in them could get out - as the person in the shop demonstrated - he then challanged them that he could restrain them without them getting out - the shop assistant accepted - but didn't realise the quick release didng work with the double lock on! Smile

HArley - I'm now troubled - have lots of images of you in bondage shops being "dressed up". Are you sure this was a magic tour and not just abit of a long fantasy holiday? Smile
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Magic? Me? I do get accused of that occasionally.

It was a big stage show, with a bunch of quirky performers (think, sideshow). At the end, one of the producers absconded to Hungary with the cash, and we didn't get paid what we were supposed to. Hungary, at the time, was not party to extradition agreements.

Dave, you should really check out the toys from those other traditions. Perhaps you'd feel less "troubled"?

I recall one, where my arms were behind my back, encased in leather sleeve-like things, each wrist tied to the opposite upper arm. Forearms were tightly strapped together. Other straps went cross-body in front, between the upper arms. It was very effective at immobilizing, but I got out. That one, I should have bought.

Come to think of it, it was sort of like a backwards SJ configuration, only a lot harder to escape.

www.bladewalker.com
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
But you did it.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Yup. That one was a really interesting puzzle.

I was stuck, the first time I did SJ. I've been stuck twice with cuffs, and once with chain. I've needed help 3 times with my saran wrap escape, out of about 1600 times I've done it (though I've faked a couple more). And the last time I walked past a mirror, it appeared that I haven't killed myself off yet.

Now I want to try SJ backwards.

www.bladewalker.com
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
There is actually a sucker bet, on a method to secure a regulation jacket, that makes it look harder to escape from.

I'll do it at the next convention.
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
I put on a backward SJ every day. It's called a SHIRT! LOL!!!
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Do you do it yourself, or does the audience help?

Nice to see your words again, Chance! I hope your season's a blast!

www.bladewalker.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Different type of strait jacket (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL