The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Topit & splashbottle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Simon Bakker
View Profile
Special user
the Netherlands
587 Posts

Profile of Simon Bakker
Hello,

I work a lot with the splash bottle gimmick. I wear it always on the left side of my body and produce the bottle with a silk (kinda Bob read & david stone).

I'm working on an act in which I need a topit to vanish a deck of cards from under a silk. n this act I produce a bottle from the left side of my body with a splashbottle gimmick.

My question is if the topit (which I never worked with)will get in the way of the gimmick and the bottle in it? Can these two things work in conjunction?

My prefered way of working would be to use the Splashbottle gimmick in conjunction with the topit, but I know that you can use a topit to produce a bottle from. I know the way Ammar does it is very different from the way I do it (and I don't wanna change the way I produce the bottle). Could you use a topit to produce a bottle with a silk a la Bob Read or David Stone?

Could someone help me out?

Thanks!

Simon
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
It would provide you with topit access problems. Why don't you just wear the splash bottle on the right side if your topit is on the left? You are going to have a major issue of items deflecting off the bottle or completely blocking the topit all together.
Simon Bakker
View Profile
Special user
the Netherlands
587 Posts

Profile of Simon Bakker
The right side of my body is indeed and option, but I carry another type of holdout there, which will definitly get in the way with the splashbottle gimmick (yes, I'm fully loaded for this act, but this is mainly for competitions, I don't bother for laymen).

I wanna use the topit only once in this act (to vanish a deck of cards, and that is after I produced the bottle. So the bottle wouldn't be blocking the topit. My issue was with the flap that you put in your pants (ammar style topit). Would the splash botle come in the way of that (I only have the Ammar tapes yet, not the actual topit, so I ca't try for my own)?

Another option that I considered was doing the bottle production a la Johnny ace palmer. I've used this a lot in the past, but with the bottle in a splash bottle gimmick. Could I substitute the gimmick for the topit (keep the bottle in the topit) and do the Palmer production? or would the topit not be the right device to use? For more details on Palmers production, see his promovideo on his website http://www.johnnyacepalmer.com.

Thanks!
Doctor D
View Profile
Special user
563 Posts

Profile of Doctor D
The thing with the topit, is that it can't hold a FULL bottle, only an empty one. Depending on where you go with it afterwards, this doesn;t have to be a problem.

Also note that the Splash gimmick can be folded back behind your belt or trouser band. Depending on the angle of both Splash and topit, they won't interfere.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
You need a PULL to vanish a deck of cards. You can make one easily "think giant clip"

Posted: Aug 26, 2008 1:38am
Or Devil's Handkerchief.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Cmaher1
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Cmaher1
I believe Gary Kurtz had an easy vanish of a Jumbo coin under a handkerchief. Think of a complete coin vanish from Bobo usually ditched from thumb palm into this waiting "holder" found on every jacket, typically found on the upper left side. The handkerchief would provide all necessary cover and is virtually angle proof and absolutely no palming is required. So much for my first post.
Chris
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Topit & splashbottle (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL