The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Henry Evans' Needle Thru Deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

double_lift
View Profile
Veteran user
Platform 9 3/4
355 Posts

Profile of double_lift
Does anyone own this one? I'd like to know how useable it is in a close-up venue.
Is it very 'angly'?
Do you need anything besides the needle, a piece of string, the gaffed card case and a regular deck?

Any review on this will be much appreciated...

Thanks in advance,
"There's a world of difference between the spectators not knowing how something is done and them knowing that it can't be done."
(Simon Aronson)
taiwanben
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of taiwanben
I had this product. you can search the demo on youtube.

All props includes the needle, a piece of string, the gaffed card case and a regular deck. As for close-up is fine, but you have to make a misdirection to let the audience to check the cards not card case. However you can just show card case or put the needle with string through holes of case agian to prove the case looks like a regular one.
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
This was also explained on Evans new videos. Its okay, but not nearly his best products. The hardest thing in my opinion would be to find performance to justify the whole thing.

J-M
double_lift
View Profile
Veteran user
Platform 9 3/4
355 Posts

Profile of double_lift
Thanks, guys

Hey J-M, I thought this was one of the performance-only effects in his new set of DVDs ("The Other Side of Illusion"), since he sells it as a separate item.

Concerning the justification, you can do it at the very beginning as a curiosity or something, as you can continue using the same deck since it's not gaffed.
"There's a world of difference between the spectators not knowing how something is done and them knowing that it can't be done."
(Simon Aronson)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Henry Evans' Needle Thru Deck (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL