The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » George the Giant Injured (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
During the taping of America's Got Talent, George the Giant was injured during an upside down escape. This seems to be real and not a publicity stunt.

http://celebgalz.com/george-the-giant-ho......-talent/
Danny Borneo
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of Danny Borneo
I had heard about this and really hope that George bounces back quickly.
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
I met George when I was in L.A. just 2 weeks ago...hes a LARRY !

When all the acts came out at the end he came out,so he couldn't have been hurt too bad.
Don
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
How George bounces, depends on how he falls, eh?
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Danny Borneo
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of Danny Borneo
Touche' sir!
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
I spoke with George. It was all hype. He's been sick for a couple of weeks, and got a bit light-headed. They made good TV out of it. I use the word "good" rhetorically.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Danny Borneo
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of Danny Borneo
Yet another case of their editing team. *sigh*

Glad to hear he's ok though.
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1941 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
Yes, it was a case of not feeling very well and then hanging upside down and...lights out. There was some issue with the crane operator during rehearsals that didn't know what "UP!" meant and made George's head swing into the table...twice. But he's resilient.
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
I guess it was cold in the studio. . .apparently shrinkage was a problem; according to the article he "stood at 7 feet tall"
~Les S. Moore, The Dapper Dipper
Swami Yomahmi and Cheeky Monkey Sideshow

"Comedy is a man in trouble." ~Bill Irwin
Danny Borneo
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of Danny Borneo
Got a chance to finally see the clip, these judges continue to disgust me. They really have no clue what is going on.

I'm sick of statements like "You need to take it to the next level"
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2582 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
What kind of level do they need? A carpenters level? Do they mean a national security threat level? Do they even know what they are talking about? I'd love to see ANY television show "judge" compete in the field that they command so much power over. I'd give a years salary to see Simon Cowell try to sing.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
I think the show is all scripted,even what the judges say.Its not a good show.
Danny Borneo
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of Danny Borneo
I'm leaning towards Don's theory and have been for some time. I don't remember the particular act but it dawned on me that they always "randomly" seem to select a bad cop personality for one of the three judges. I think this is because they don't want it always to be Piers. During this particular one, I just remember them focusing on Sharon and her having this "I need to stay in bad cop character look" trying to not break a smile or show any emotion and predictably she didn't like the act.

If George doesn't make it, I say ZooPerStars all the way (they're just so ridiculous I can't help but love it, cmon a snail mascot eating a guy)!!

I actually enjoy the James Gang to when they are just being themselves, I almost got the impression that the producers made the suggestion to add magic to their act as none of them really seemed comfortable doing it.
T-RAY
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of T-RAY
George The Giant came by The FREAKSHOW yesterday and he was fine. He said it was hyped way more than what happened. He just got light headed and asked to be lowered....they demanded he have oxygen and then an ambulance! He said some of the shots were from the week before, so some of the show is doctored. I guess that's showbiz though..........
abigkahuna/1
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of abigkahuna/1
Ha! Great George! I hope you go all the way baby...The Human Pinata! What a gig....

Hello all from the midway in Puyallup!
just_larry
View Profile
Veteran user
330 Posts

Profile of just_larry
"I met George when I was in L.A. just 2 weeks ago...hes a LARRY ! "
Hey ?
I resemble that remark Don!

Larry
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » George the Giant Injured (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL