The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Snapped by Cameron Francis (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Snapped
http://full52.com/snapped.html

The Official Spam:

Quote:
You begin by removing a photograph of four Aces - your ‘lucky’ Aces - and having it examined. A card is selected and signed before being buried back into the middle of the deck. You explain that the photo will reveal the suit of the selection. You give it a shake and the Ace of Hearts visibly turns face down in the picture! You proceed by PULLING A FULL SIZED PLAYING CARD OUT OF THE PHOTO leaving an empty space where it once was! The card is placed on a spectators hand. You snap your fingers over it and the card is revealed to be the signed selection. This super commercial, off-beat effect is easy to do and VISUALLY STUNNING! Your spectator‘s just won’t know what’s hit them!

The Basic Effect:

A picture is removed from your pocket, displaying four aces. The card can be thoroughly examined. A card is selected by the spectator, and can be signed, and lost somewhere in the middle of the deck. The picture is shown, and shaken. When stopped, one ace has flipped face down, the same suited ace as their selected card! You then visually pull a full sized card from the photograph, and when the photograph is looked at, an ace is missing. You put the face down ace on their hand, and snap. When they turn the card over it changed into their selected, signed card! What a miracle!

What you Receive:

When this comes in the mail, you will see a beautifully designed DVD case. The DVD is good quality, and runs for about 1 hour and 33 minutes. Inside the case will be the DVD, and a plastic bag with some goodies. To make the 'Snapped' cards, it's as easy as peeling a sticker. In a matter of fact, they are stickers. All you have to do is stick the photographs. You have enough stickers to make two sets of 'Snapped.' BUT, when you put the DVD into your computer, you get PDFs so you can print EXTRA 'Snapped' photographs!

The Handlings:

Cameron's- This is my favorite handling on the DVD. You shake the photograph, and then visually pull a card from it. It then magically changes into the spectator's card. It's basically what is described in 'The Official Spam.' This is very easy to do, requires only a few simple sleights, and is very visual. Fantastic work Cameron.

Dave + Cameron's- This only differs at when you are going to pull the card out of the photograph. This is much more visual, and is done slowly. It can be seen in part of the demo video. It's very easy to do, but I still prefer Cameron's.

Dave Forrest's- This combines Iain's 'Snapped' set-up and a Stephen Tucker move. After you shake the card to turn the ace face down, you visually pull the card out of the photograph and put it on the table. While this is not too difficult to perform, it's angle sensitive. Dave flashed pretty bad on the DVD.

Iain Moran's- This starts the same as Cameron's, and differs when the card is pulled out. In this, it's sort of snapped out of the photograph. I do not like this version or Dave's handling because the card is pulled out of the photograph face up, instead of face down. The way to make the 'Snapped' cards differs as well. It's not difficult, but not my favorite.

Stephen Tucker's- This was my absolute least favorite handling on the DVD. It's a packet trick, in which a photograph is between some cards. With a series of counts, the ace turns face down. At the end, the spectator's card is among other blank cards. It's not very good. This requires a different configuration of the 'Snapped' cards.

Donny Orbit's- This is wacky, and it's like nothing on this DVD. This requires a different configuration of the 'Snapped' cards. Let's leave it at that.

Where?

Dave Forrest's, Iain Moran's, and Stephen Tucker's handlings are hidden on this DVD. You must unlock a secret menu to watch their handlings. Donny's handling can only be found if you contact Cameron Francis. It's a nicely written PDF. Cameron can be PMed on the Magic Café. His email is camdram@bellsouth.net

BIG Snapped:[/b]

This is basically 'Snapped,' with larger photographs. The photograph does not go near the deck, it's isolated inside a clever envelope. It's basically the same routine. Their are pictures to print out for this on the DVD's PDF. This requires a clever switch envelope, which Cameron explains very clearly. It's easy to make, and very deceptive. Also, Dave Forrest explains how to make one if you live in the UK.

Bonus Effects:

There are three bonus effects shown and explained on this DVD. Let's get started.

MCM Smackdown- This is a very nice routine explaining the difference of a mentalist, card sharp, and a magician. You, pretending to be a mentalist, draw something on a business card. The spectator selects a card, and when the business card is turned over, it has a picture of the selected card. You explain a card sharp would find the mates to their selected card. After a few cuts, you found three other cards of the same denomination. The magician, still you, puts three cards on top of each of the face down cards. The four cards disappear, and re-appear DRAWN ON THE BUSINESS CARD! How cool. This is very good, not too difficult, and highly entertaining. Plus, it comes with 'Snapped,' making it a steal!

Reds- The magician goes through the deck and takes out the four aces. To his surprise, all four aces are black, to clubs and two spades. No problem! With a little magic he fixes the aces one at a time. This is very easy, but I don't like it. I will not be performing this.

The Bridge- This is Cameron's approach to the Hofzinser's Ace Problem. Four aces are shown and placed down on the table. A card is selected, let's say the ten of spades. The ten is placed back inside the middle of the pack. You tell the spectator that the aces will tell you the suit of the card. With a little shake, the ace of spades flips face up. The other aces are placed face down in the middle of the face up deck. When the deck is spread, the aces have caught the ten of spades. The remaining three aces change giving the spectator a royal flush! This is very good, pretty easy, and I'm going to try this out!

Conclusion:

Well, that's it. That's everything, except for the rating. I give Cameron Francis' 'Snapped' a -drum roll please- 9.9/10! I reserve 10/10 for real magic. This is highly recommended. Check this out, you won't regret it!

Jeff
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
I have been using this all day, and it absolutely kills! Everyone was amazed, especially when I 'tore' the card out of the picture. You need to try this out!
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Although I like the idea, I didn't care for the handling. Ending dirty is not good as they are going to want to examine the picture. There is a bonus handling by Ian that ends clean but I did care for the handling that gets you there. Just my opinion.
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Although I like the idea, I didn't care for the handling. Ending dirty is not good as they are going to want to examine the picture. There is a bonus handling by Ian that ends clean but I did care for the handling that gets you there. Just my opinion. I'm sure many out there use it and enjoy it.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Jeff,

Thanks for the great review!

paso, I hear you. However, in my handling, they examine the picture at the beginning of the effect and at the end, the photo is out of play by the time they turn the card over. I personally have not been questioned about the photo at the end of the effect. No one asks to see it. But think of it this way as well: they examine the photo and it never leaves their sight throughout the entire effect. The idea of a switch seems impossible.

But here's an idea that just occurred to me: since the trick comes with extra photos, you could always make an examinable photo for the end of the effect. So you hand the spec the card, put the photo in your pocket. If someone asks to see it, simply remove the ungimmicked photo. There you go. Smile
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Cameron,

First let me say I respect and commend you on the magic you have marketed. I think creating good magic is hard and you seem to have a knack for it.
I also want to say that I don't think Snapped is bad just not for me. I don't want to discourage others from buying it if they know that the photo will not be examinable without a switch as Cameron suggested in the post above. Or with using Ian's handling.

If you like the idea of pulling a card out of a photo, you will want to check out Snapped.

Thanks Cameron for the magic, keep them coming.

~Paul
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Oh, hey, man. no worries. Look, there are plenty of effects people rave about that I totally appreciate but for one reason or another don't work for me. I'm thrilled that so many people are loving Snapped! but at the same time I know it won't be everyone's cup of tea. Smile
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Anytime Cameron. Expect a review for Red Hot Prediction soon.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

I won't go into details but here's an idea I had last night which could work very well for both little Snapped and big Snapped.

The effect is this: You display the picture of your lucky aces. Pull out a blue backed deck. A card is selected, signed and lost back in the pack. Give the photo a shake. The ace which is the same suit as the selection turns face down. The ace is, of course, red backed. Pull the red backed ace out of the photo. Snap it and turn it over revealing it is the signed card.

Adds one extra bit of impossibility to the effect. Don't have the exact presentation worked out, but I'm sure some of you will come up with some cool ideas.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2008-09-16 10:34, Cameron Francis wrote:
I won't go into details but here's an idea I had last night which could work very well for both little Snapped and big Snapped.

The effect is this: You display the picture of your lucky aces. Pull out a blue backed deck. A card is selected, signed and lost back in the pack. Give the photo a shake. The ace which is the same suit as the selection turns face down. The ace is, of course, red backed. Pull the red backed ace out of the photo. Snap it and turn it over revealing it is the signed card.

Adds one extra bit of impossibility to the effect. Don't have the exact presentation worked out, but I'm sure some of you will come up with some cool ideas.

That is VERY COOL!

Cameron, that was generous to post that. You could have said "I have an incredible handling that I'll include for folks that buy direct from me....".

You're as classy as you arev talented!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Nice idea, thanks for sharing.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Snapped by Cameron Francis (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL