The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Netherland dwarf rabbit breeders that ship rabbits? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

haywire
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
760 Posts

Profile of haywire
My old trusted friend Houdini (I wonder how many magician's rabbits are named that?)
passed away a few months ago. He was over 10 years old. I'm over the shock of losing my first magic rabbit now. I had that guy forever and he has actually been in more magic shows than me. He's been in just about every show I ever did, plus I loaned him out a few times to friend magicians. It sucks to lose a show animal, especially one who was so well trained. This guy would several tricks... He'll be sadly missed. Now I am looking to replace him, and I'm having a really tough time with that.

I got a doves to rabbit cylinder recently which really does not fit a regular dwarf rabbit. Its best when used with a netherland dwarf rabbit.It sucks but they don't tell you it will only fit a netherland dwarf rabbit. The load chamber is very small... So I'm on the search for that specific rabbit type. I went to about 8 pet stores, just about every pet store in my area. I'm in a major city and I was surprised but no one had any netherland dwarf rabbits.

It sucks that so many pet store employees don't even know what kind of rabbits they are selling, let alone what a netherland dwarf rabbit is. I'm very discouraged in my search. Once, I heard from someone that some breeders will ship animals to your door.

Sucks not getting to choose the rabbit in person myself, but if its a baby that's fine I suppose. Does anyone know of any netherland dwarf rabbit breeders that ship?

I'm googling for a long time here and not finding many close to me. I'm in Philadelphia,Pa.

Thanks for your help or suggestions...

Steven
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
When I needed a new rabbit I used Google and emaied a bunch of breeders, 4-H clubs and other rabbit people I found on the internet.

And they in return forwarded my email request to other breeders and I had a bunch of them contact me.

It took a few days but I had a ton of choices.

Nez
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Sorry Steven. I lost one of my bunnies about a month ago. He was not the first one I had lost, but it is painful each time it happens. I only have my one, main show bunny now. I like to keep at least 2 so I will always have a backup in case one is sick....or worse....so I am in the market for a new Netherland also. I contacted my breeder and he does not have the type I want right now, but he has several expecting does that will hopefully yeild some prospects for me in another month or so.

I do not know a breeder that will ship them, but if you can locate a Netherland breeder it may be possible to set up a meeting place to make the purchase. My breeder is located far from me but I call him when I need a bunny, and we set up a meeting place along some routes he uses to travel to his bunny shows. After I tell him what I want on the phone, he brings some with him for me to look at at the meeting place. I'm always afraid we are going to get spotted by the cops and have a hard time explaining that we are not doing a drug deal......just a bunny deal! Smile

Good luck in your search for a new bunny!

Regan
Mister Mystery
boppies2
View Profile
Elite user
Arizona
422 Posts

Profile of boppies2
This is a great lady to work with. She lives in Oregon and I pick up a few from her some time ago. I believe she tries to ship from time to time.. Just tell her that Max from Phoenix recommended her. She'll work with you.

lotsahops@yahoo.com
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
Breeder of Netherland Dwarfs:

Joy Bramhall

520-749-4724

Tucson, AZ

So Stepven what have you done with all this great information?
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
ERIC
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1188 Posts

Profile of ERIC
Contact your local 4H clubs. They always have rabbit breeders as members and I usually check out their tents at the county fairs. If one doesn't have a netherland dwarf breeder, they most likely will know where to send you. This will also avoid "Shipping"
haywire
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
760 Posts

Profile of haywire
Thanks for all the info guys.

I've been very busy with a lot of stuff so I haven't had time to follow up on these leads. I just saw Taddo at a local IBM meeting recently who expressed to me he had the very same problem. So apparently netherland dwarfs are very hard to find in our area. When I find some, I'm going to pass the info to him as well.

Eric, your forgetting I'm in Philadelphia,PA there is no farm or county fairs in an urban enviorment like this. (maybe there is in NJ) I will certainly follow up on these leads in the next few weeks. I'm pretty determined to find one, even if I have to take a pretty big road trip.

Thanks guys, I'll let you know when and if I finally find what I'm looking for, which is an all white (or nearly so) netherland dwarf rabbit. I may give up and just get some guinnea pigs, that will fit in this doves to rabbit cylinder for sure, but I'd rather have the rabbit.

Steven
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Netherland dwarf rabbit breeders that ship rabbits? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL