The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Water drinker / spitter (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

lozax
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of lozax
Hi,
Does anyone knows how to do this???
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b78MaVS2xP0&feature=related
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Spouting is so incredibly difficult to do well.

I got to the point where I could drink and bring up a large amount of water, but I could never make it smooth or "pretty" enough.

I'm also interested in knowing if any Café members here can do it.

Brett.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
When I was a student at univerity I would dring and dring and then bring up amounts and, funny you should mention, it was far from pretty when it happened! It seemed to happen most thursdday mornings in the early hours!
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
I haven't any practical instructions, but there's video of Hadji Ali's marvelous regurgitator act on Youtube, linked from my podcast web page HERE

Also linked on the same page is a great Gibtown video of people you ain't never seed before.
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
His left hand always goes behind his back.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
PM Harley on this !!!
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
There are several ways to accomplish it. Both gentlemen under discussion here do it straight. What you see is what you get.

Having said that, there are other things you could do, to make it more interesting.

http://www.damninteresting.com/?p=527
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
ReggieB
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia, PA, USA
183 Posts

Profile of ReggieB
I love this video!
I regurgitated a goldfish once... right back into my goblet... but this was not 'really' intentional. Smile looked good though.

I'm very impressed with regurgitating acts. acts done purposefully and clean-like, I should say.
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2582 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
Reggie, you should look into doing that more often... I think it would add VOLUMES to the OCSS appeal.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Are you sure of the outcome, Nipps? Pour it on!
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Michael K
View Profile
Loyal user
Hazleton, PA
249 Posts

Profile of Michael K
Quote:
On 2008-09-08 21:48, ReggieB wrote:
I love this video!
I regurgitated a goldfish once... right back into my goblet... but this was not 'really' intentional. Smile looked good though.

This is a great story. She made the 1-in-a-million shot across the stage. Sorry that I wasn't there to see it, but thankful I heard the story straight from the goldfish's mouth.

I too think the Ali act with the burning house is fantastic. And where can I get something like those goggles he wears? Just wondering if there is more than one reason he uses those little cups? Just for effect or for a practical reason?

Michael
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On 2008-09-09 09:32, Michael K wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-09-08 21:48, ReggieB wrote:
I love this video!

This is a great story. She made the 1-in-a-million shot across the stage. Sorry that I wasn't there to see it, but thankful I heard the story straight from the goldfish's mouth.

So you did not see it but were able to talk to the goldfish within 3 seconds of it happening! Thank goodness for mobile communication!
tim_mantis
View Profile
Regular user
UK
117 Posts

Profile of tim_mantis
This is brilliant! I didn't know there were any water-spouters about today. I assumed the art had disappeared after the likes of Hadji Ali and Mac Norton. I'd also be really interested to hear about any others performing today.

I always thought of Ali's cups as a great subtlety - they really emphasise the fact that he's taking in a LOT of water!
Lurchenstien
View Profile
New user
Hampshire, UK
49 Posts

Profile of Lurchenstien
Rather than make a new post, I decided to dig up this one, which I've ended up finding on a coule of occasions.

This is by no means show ready just yet, but as I'm back to practising as I was before I wound up ill for a while, I can't see it being too long until it is show ready. Anyway, I've been meaning to get a video for some time, so here's a couple. Firstly, I've been learning water spouting, it's been on the cards for years, but went on hold when I started to learn sword swallowing. It's usually more on demand than this video, but drinking the water differently caused more air to get swallowed, which I then had to remove. This was also filmed after the next video, so I had already gone through a lot of water, and the awful taste mentioned below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbfGvl_7G3E

And secondly, I've been using water spouting as a means to regurgitate items, in this case, hazelnuts and bouncy balls. Again, it's usually better, though I've not practised with hazelnuts for a while, and they've given off a bitter taste which effects everything in my stomach. Also, I don't think the lemonade I was drinking beforehand helped things, haahaahaa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP6Tm0U7H_0
yair61
View Profile
New user
Israel
55 Posts

Profile of yair61
I think it's belong here:

David Blaine shares his obsession with a clip of a man spouting water and kerosene; goes on a personal quest to learn it and during his quest, he spots Winston, a 35 year old security guard with the talent of water spouting after footage of him surfaced on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szhOqqTCx7g

And Lurchenstien, where can I learn more about Sword swallowing?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Water drinker / spitter (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL