The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » creating a semi-closeup card manipulation routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1384 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
I was interested in putting together a one deck production routine. The entire plot would be about cards appearing, never disappearing, and a pile would continue growing on the table. At the end, I would have a pile that is way to big to fit back in the box, until I perform the "Deflated Deck illusion".

I want to do this close... maybe not so close that it's right in the person's face, but like to a small group of people standing about 5 feet away. Because of these restrictions, certain moves are better suited than others. For instance backpalming more than a few cards at a time is probably out of the question because it might show through my fingers. I think perfect productions are probably the best suited productions for these conditions. I have been working on a way to split a fan into front palm instead of back palm, so that I can go directly from a fan display into perfects.

Does anyone have any more ideas in this regard? Productions that would work well here?
Symmatrix
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of Symmatrix
Ok Geoff,

Do you have a table to help you...?

If you have a table it can be helpful to help you steal cards...

Secondly, you perhaps can use the interlock production to get the opening. Eg. tenki or bear grip palm at the opening showing both hands empty and produce the cards one by one... then slowly build up from this area...

Thirdly, I think you could use bridge size cards better than poker size cards due to the distance between the audience and you... This is to prevent too much flashing on the cards as they are quite near to you. Therefore bridge size cards are more than enough for their visibility...

If you have any more questions please feel free to post again and I will try to answer again.

Symmatrix Smile
What We See Is Mainly Depend On What We Look For.
Only Those Who Can See The Invisible Can Do The Impossible.

Symmatrix Magic
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1384 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
Yes I will be using a table. Thanks for the suggestions. As for the interlock, I was never a big fan of that production; I dunno... it just seems too contrived, as in, if you could do real magic, would you do it like that? Probably not.

I do have a deck of Nielson cards, which are bridge size, maybe I can give those a try.

Have you seen the inflated deck illusion? Greg Wilson teaches it on the Pyrotechnic Pasteboards dvd. To me, it seems like the perfect close to a card production routine.
Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
If you're looking to use the Inflated deck I would re-use the cards in my hand. For example, do a perfect production and then as you place the cards on the pile you steal some from the bottom. If you keep the pile spread out it will really look like a whole pack of cards.

Lee
Symmatrix
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of Symmatrix
Yup, inflated deck by Greg Wilson can be used as it is a great illusion and wonder method to use...

Geoff, as you say that you don't want to have an interlock production because you wanted to be like pure magic... I recommend that you go and look up the FISM act of Valerino act... one of the DVD in Gold champange color.

He is doing card magic with some productions... and there is flourish and style. See that and tell me is that something that you want...

Symmatrix Smile
What We See Is Mainly Depend On What We Look For.
Only Those Who Can See The Invisible Can Do The Impossible.

Symmatrix Magic
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1384 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
I finally settled on a method for doing this. I am using a fan from fan production which I believe is original to me.
Great Domino
View Profile
Special user
Canada
545 Posts

Profile of Great Domino
The eclipse production as well as the million dollar production are both great for this situation. They're on the Jeff McBride videos. They are two of my favorite productions. Have I said Productions enough?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » creating a semi-closeup card manipulation routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL