The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Personal Belongings (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

McAllisterMagic
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of McAllisterMagic
Effect: The mentalist has five spectators join him on stage. The spectators are all given an envelope, inside the envelopes contains an index card. Each spectator is instructed to write there name on the index card, along with an object they wish to place inside the envelope. The envelopes are then mixed, and placed in a hat or in a paper bag etc.

The mentalist takes an envelope one at a time, reads the name and holds the object in his hands. He walks towards one of the spectators and says" Hello Andy, here are your personal Belongings."

The mentalist does this for all of the other spectators. Predicting the spectators name along with there object.This is done for all of the spectators!

- There is no gimmicked envelopes, this is impromptu and is also self working.
- No stooges
-Can be done with as many spectators as you wish.
- No pulse or muscle reading, the handling is very easy to do. It is 100 percent effective every time.
-A Hat or Paper bag does not need to be used, the envelopes can simply be put on a desk when it is finished being mixed
- Can be repeated as many times as you like
-The Index cards are completely examinable, everything is examinable.
-The spectators are not in on the effect either, both the spectators and audience are completely astounded.
-No preshow work

Method:
This is an updated and more practical mind reading effect from Karl Fulves Self Working Mental Magic. The original effect is Titled "Super Psychometry" and uses the Annemann handling.

I loved the orginal effect however, I wanted to amaze both the spectators on stage and the audience. I came up with an impromptu number system that uses the index card. It does not have any numbers written on the index card, all it has is a drawn line for the spectator to write their name on.

With that said, the line alone reveals everything to the mentalist. To the spectators, it is nothing more then just a drawn line.

When the spectators are asked to join him on stage, the envelopes are in numerical order from 1-5. The spectators are asked to sit anywhere they wish on stage. There is five seats, all of them pick a seat and sit down.

The envelopes are then handed out, from left to right. The far left being number one, the second farthest to the left is second and so forth.

They are instructed to write their name on the drawn line on the index card.

The Index Card System:
The first line on the index card will represent the number one. You draw a line on the first line. When the spectator writes his name on that line, you now know the identity of the first spectator. This spectator is again the farthest to the left.
The second index card has a line drawn on the second line, again the mentalist is able to identify where the spectator is.

All you have to is count the lines on the index card to identify which spectator sits where. In the begging you gave each spectator an envelope, all were in numerical order from one to five. Because the spectators haven't moved seats, you are easily able to identify who they are by where they sit.

After all of the envelopes are closed up with the objects and index cards filled out, they can be mixed. It doesn't matter if the envelopes are mixed, the spectators still sit in the same place.

The person on the far left is #1- The first drawn line on the first line on the index card.

Second Person from the left #2- Second line
Middle Person#3- Third Line
Person second from the right#4-Fourth Line
Person farther to the right#5- Fifth Line

That is the Index Card System, it may sound confusing but it's actually really simple. If any of you are confused just let me know, I will draw a diagram for you.

What do you guys think??

Cheers
Francis McAllister
McAllisterMagic
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Anyone have any feedback lol
McAllisterMagic
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Wow this thread is dead..
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
I think the lack of response comes from what seems to me to be a complicated solution for a simple problem. There are better and easier solutions.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Personal Belongings (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL