The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Looking through Focus.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
I just got this book and I tend to look at the pictures to tell if the effect is interesting. I know this method isn't the greatest, but it works.

In Focus, what are some of the 'goods?' I am looking for very visual routines, I am just not sure if Phil has a visual style.

Is Masque the best trick in the book? What is the best Collectors? Thanks, I read the other post on Focus and it didn't really answer my questions.

Lee
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2054 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
A Fine Mesh is my favorite Collectors routine, not just in that book but anywhere.

Quinn
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
Adam V
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of Adam V
Yes, Masque is the best trick in the book. At least in my opinion.

May I suggest you drop your current method of reading books? I'm ashamed to admit that I have read books this way, and then when I've gone back and read them properly I've realised how many great things I've missed.
Adam V - 9 out of 10 dentists recommend him.
Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
Yah, i know what you mean. I do this and key on certain routines. Then I go back and read the whole book.

Lee
Pavlo
View Profile
Veteran user
Poland
306 Posts

Profile of Pavlo
Picasso Aces
Jumpin Bean Aces
Masque
Fine Mesh

and lots of others.
A great book!
Steve Friedberg
View Profile
Inner circle
1402 Posts

Profile of Steve Friedberg
Goldstein's "No-Gaff Differential" is, IMHO, a classic. This was the first book I really started studying when I moved past Svengali decks and their like. Well, well, well worth every penny.
Cheers,
Steve

"A trick does not fool the eyes, but fools the brain." -- John Mulholland
wert
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of wert
And as a bonus, it's also fairly easy to do. Great routine. Who needs NFW when you can accomplish a lot of the same via fairly simple sleight of hand?
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Amongst other routines in the book I was always fond of "Tearable,", an effect I bought when it was marketed prior to the book's initial release.

Paul.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Looking through Focus.... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL