The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Introducing the cards from the box (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Peter Pitchford
View Profile
Elite user
Philly
423 Posts

Profile of Peter Pitchford
Are there creative ways to introduce the cards from the box (i.e. not just opening the box and removing the cards - but something flashy and flourish-y)?

I'm sure there are, I just don't know the sources.

Thanks.

Peter
Tomino
View Profile
New user
Sweden
9 Posts

Profile of Tomino
How about Just call me mr wonderful, from Paul Harris Finale?
trashmanf
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of trashmanf
This concept is known as "openers" and yes there are dozens of them! Search youtube for them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEfyCEM3q44

just look for "XCM openers" or "card box openers" and check out the featured simmilar videos in the column to the right.
Glenn Morphew
View Profile
Elite user
Chicago
486 Posts

Profile of Glenn Morphew
David Regal has an item you might want to check out called "sudden deck" as well as "sudden deck 2" you can do a google search and view some clips to see if it might be a good fit for you.
Visit www.povmagician.com for
The Rub-a-dub Deluxe Suite
The Morphew One Hand Top Palm
Bob's 3 Shell Boot Camp and more...
MagicMunkey
View Profile
New user
Nashville
58 Posts

Profile of MagicMunkey
I was wondering the same thing and happend upon Sudden Deck and Sudden Deck 2. SD2 looks awsome but it wasn't clear if you use a normal deck you can go on to use for other effects. I assume it is (otherwise, what's the point?) but we all know what happens when you assume! Anyone know?
-Chris
Peter Pitchford
View Profile
Elite user
Philly
423 Posts

Profile of Peter Pitchford
Thanks Glenn. I have suddend deck 2. It's a great effect. That's not quite what I was looking for. I was looking for something more along the lines of what trashman recommended - more the XCM thing. I need a learning resource (book, dvd, manuscript, etc).

Thanks.
trashmanf
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of trashmanf
Sudden deck 2 is probably the best $20 bucks I ever spent in magic! I get a ton of mileage out of those gimmicks. unfortunately the box must go directly to the assistant (or the pocket) immediately upon removing the cards... as any inspection of the card box will quickly give away the secret. one of few gimmicks that are TOTALLY worth the trouble ;-)
lilsmokeyred88
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of lilsmokeyred88
If you crease the part of the box that shuts, all the way back and remove the tabs it will produce a spring like opening effect
jonhall19
View Profile
New user
Salt Lake City
68 Posts

Profile of jonhall19
I really like Devo's opened on his cradle to grave DVD. I do that all the time! It takes a bit of practice to get.
manks123
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of manks123
ladirector
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of ladirector
The Bucks are the Chef Special right now, ask them.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Introducing the cards from the box (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL