The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Double Coin Gimick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tgold65
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of tgold65
Does anyone out there use the double coin gimmick? David Neighbors has written about this quite a bit and it is incredibly useful for cranking up the volume on a matrix routine. There are things you can do with it that makes for a cleaner matrix routine with less movement of the cards from location to location so the coins really seem to move magically and an instant reverse matrix is much easier with it as well.

However, I was wondering if others have used the gimick for other purposes?

What other routine ideas have others had using this gimmick?
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Hi tgold65
Mike Gallo Also has some work on it! An I have a ton of stuff I have not Got in print yet! Smile Also there is cool stuff Useing it in the book, besides the matrix stuff! Ok gang go ahead post a way! Thanks!
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
tgold65
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of tgold65
I was sure if I posted on this topic you were sure to reply as you are the only person that I know of that uses this gimmick. I attended one of your lectures over 10 years ago when I lived in Colorado. I think it might have been at Estes Park when Mac King also lectured as well.

I already have 5 different lecture notes of yours, many of which contain various uses of the gimmick, the best of which for me were the matrix routines. There is also a portable hole routine which I am looking back at. I was just hoping that some other folks out there might be able to contribute some thoughts on the use of the gimmick.

In my opinion, it is the most under utilized coin gimmick there is. And as it puts you instantly "one ahead" (actually two ahead) with no worry about having the coins talk, it is very powerful. I was hoping however to get some other folks to chime in on this or are we the only two people out there who use this thing.

Hellooooooo? Is anybody out there??????

Cheers,

Todd
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Type siamese coins into the Café quicksearch box up top of the page.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
tgold65
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of tgold65
Thanks Jonathan. Todd
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
The idea of a multiple coin gimmick starts with George Starke and is used in the „ghost coins“ published in Hugard’s Magic Monthly in November 1944. It was then used by Gene Gordon with „Shortchanged“ (The new Modern Coin Magic) in November 1952. Also someone (a German performer if I remember well) marketed a matrix routine years go with a triple gimmick. Mike Gallo brilliiantly revived the concept in 1966 with his Siamese coins. Troy Hooser has worked on the same concept with an arched triple gimmick called coinfusion: it's in his excellent book "Destroyers". As mentionned David Neighbors published very creative ideas in his Las Vegas lecture notes in 1997. Lately Dorian Gray used a three coin gimmick for his „Slydini revisited“

I worked at the same concept but tried going one step further. With Lawrence O's Twins Gimmick, the lower coin of the gimmick is a sh*** and in Lawrence O's Double Flipper, as you may think, the lower coin is a Flipper coin (opening at an angle making it a temporary Troy Hooser's Coinfusion gimmick).

If you explored the possibilities demonstrated by Mike Gallo with his Siamese coin in using my gimmicks and put your imagination at work, you'll be amazed at the additional possibilities. Thinking about the possibilities offered by linking rings switches and technique also helped me in my creativity. There are nice possibilities offered with a loose coin and ech of these gimmicks.

The loose coin can also have a dab of blue tack on one of its side to make a silent quadruple gimmick

The natural routines to use them for are coins across, coins through the table, coins to glass, three fly, cylinder and coins, matrix, wild coins, magnetic coins... but anyone is wellcome to be more creative and develop other possibilities. Please work intelligent handlings and don't butcher the use of these very versatile tools
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
John Star
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of John Star
Ho I was looking for the same thanks.

John
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Double Coin Gimick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL