The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Table for one in the non-smoking section, please..... » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dave Le Fevre
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1666 Posts

Profile of Dave Le Fevre
Well, I've been lurking on these boards for several weeks now, so I may as well announce myself.

I'm 55 years young, I live in London UK, and I've been into magic since a schoolmate taught me the French Drop when I was 10. I'm strictly amateur (so far), unless you count a few sessions for charities. (No? I thought not, I wouldn't count them either.)

I'm only really interested in close-up stuff, and I prefer coins to cards. Having said that, I really love doing Card Warp and T&R effects.

......and was it the Eight of Diamonds that you were thinking of?

Dave
The Ozzy Osbourne of the 34x27
Telemus
View Profile
Regular user
Everett WA
128 Posts

Profile of Telemus
Welcome ,
I spent some time working around London in 1981. I Look forward to chatting with you
Cheers, All the Best Smile
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4696 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Well come Dave!

Quote:
I've been into magic since a schoolmate taught me the French Drop when I was 10.

Your "first one" is always free...

Quote:
I'm strictly amateur (so far), unless you count a few sessions for charities. (No? I thought not, I wouldn't count them either.)

Did you handle yourself in a professional manner?

Quote:
......and was it the Eight of Diamonds that you were thinking of?

Nope. It was the 3 1/2 of Clubs. But keep trying... Smile
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1439 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Hello Dave,
Welcome to the Cafe. It is nice to see a young man of only 55 years, and that means how young you feel.

It is magic, and you say you are amateur. You are doing real magic my friend. Smile Smile Smile
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Welcome to the Cafe, enjoy your time here.

Here is a fresh pack to work on your t&r card effects Smile

Smile
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
Welcome Dave;

Man, how did you do that? You got my card exactly right!

Or, at least that is the card I would have been thinking of, if I was thinking of a card....

Good to have you aboard!

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
martinkaplan
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
562 Posts

Profile of martinkaplan
Hi, Dave:

Welcome to the Cafe. It is wonderful to have yet another member of the mature set here. I think you will like this place. I certainly do.

-Marty
clunk_71
View Profile
New user
Burton-on-Trent England
99 Posts

Profile of clunk_71
Hi Dave and welcome Smile
Best regards, Lee
leepalmer@orange.net

Only do what your good at....and then everything you do looks good
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Welcome aboard, Dave.
I'd like to hear your story line for Card Warp; I'm always on the lookout for a good one.
cheers,
Peter Marucci
showtimecol@aol.com
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Hello Dave,
so nice to see you in the Cafe! I hope your visits here inspire you to do great things!
Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Dave Le Fevre
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1666 Posts

Profile of Dave Le Fevre
Gosh, thanks for all the warm welcome messages, guys! That makes me feel quite at home already.

Peter, you asked about my story line for Card Warp. Personally, I think that it's such a visually strong effect that excess verbiage only detracts from it. So having shown the backs of both cards, and then the faces of both cards, I simply observe that the fact that it's somebody's birthday (or whatever) has caused a warp in the fabric of the space-time continuum. And through that warp, funny things happen.....

.....and then the funny thing happens.

I must say that I, personally, don't usually like patter that is based on little stories. To my mind, they often clutter up the effect. I must stress that that's very subjective.

Some effects need a "story" in order to justify/explain what's happening. But many don't (to me) need a story, but they're still often performed with some tale about some anthropomorphic creatures or a princess in a castle or whatever.

If the story's brief, that's fine. For example, take that beginner's trick of the four Jacks burgling a house, the story's brief, it explains what's happening, fine.

Some great performers use that sort of patter, and perhaps most spectators like it. I really don't know whether or not the majority love it, loathe it, or are indifferent to it. But it often makes me groan inwardly, if the story takes over the effect.

Sorry, didn't mean to ramble on nearly so much. So now I'll sit quietly and enjoy my coffee.

Dave
The Ozzy Osbourne of the 34x27
SloMo150
View Profile
Regular user
Speedway, Indiana
121 Posts

Profile of SloMo150
Welcome aboard, Don't stay quiet too long. No one will know you are here... well, except for the mentalist Smile Smile Smile
Anyway, glad your here. keep posting.
:magicrabbit:
Hey wanna see me pull a rabbit from my hat, (lion appears). I gotta get a new Hat.
Jeb Sherrill
View Profile
Inner circle
Elsewhere
1161 Posts

Profile of Jeb Sherrill
Dave,
You got it, 8 of diamonds.

Here's a coffee on the house.
Smile

Jeb (Sable)
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
I don't believe in reincarnation, but I may have in another life.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Table for one in the non-smoking section, please..... » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL