The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May 2003 entrée: David Neighbors » » David Neighbors...some interesting facts. » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
David Neighbors has been a professional magician for a good many years. Specializing in the demanding art of coin magic, David excels at close-up magic. David is not only creative and inovative, but a genuine nice guy to boot. I also consider David a friend. Smile

That said, I asked David to write out a small biography for his guest appearance here at the Café, and the following is what David gave me. While he could have wrote so much more (David is very humble you know), I believe this will give you some idea of Mr. Neighbors' magical experience. Enjoy. Smile

------------------------------------------

David writes; I have been in magic for 30 years and have done it for A living for the last 25 years. My magical teachers were:

Sam Bermen - He was from the old school, from the 1930's and 40's and in the same group as Dai Vernon, Ed Marlo, Leipzig, Malini, Tommy Downs, and Ramsey. I never learned that many tricks from him. I did, however learn all the good stuff. You know, Psychology, theory, philosophy, Timing, flow, style, showmanship, and routining.

Ed Marlo - I had the Honor of sitting at the masters feet for the last ten years of his life. He gave me the name; The Coinjurer. Being called The Coinjurer, my frist love is of course coin magic. But, you can't hang around Marlo for ten years and not do some cards. Smile
I also perform some non card-coin stuff like rubber bands, balls, rope, my Ball and jack transpo and some Mentel stuff. In addition, I do some stand-up stuff, both with patter and to music.

I perform mostly at Restaurants, Private parties, and Nightclubs. I also do lectures for magic clubs and conventions. While lecturing, I sell my books, notes, and packet tricks to those who have an interest. I also make and sell poker size hand-made gaffed playing cards.

I have a video out called; The Coinjuer, which is of course on coin magic. In addition, be on the look out for two hard bound books soon to be published by L&L Publishing. Smile

I belong to the following clubs and organizations:
Mile high magicians, IBM, Phi-Clons, Mentalist Round Table, and The Denver Hard Core Group.
I have also been a regular at F.F.F.F. for the last 17 years. My big magical hero is John Ramsey.

Here are a few thoughts from others who have seen David perform:
"I was intrigued and delighted to meet a young chap named David Neighbors. Never before have I seen such truly beautiful coin effects. His Handling of coins is superb. The many moves he employs are executed with naturalness and a pleasing eye!" - Dai Vernon

"He works slowly and deliberately,
Making every step clear, which results in the appearance of witnessing real magic! Look- you've seen coin tricks and coin manipulations, but if you want to perform coin magic, don't miss David Neighbors coin Lecture!" - Ed Marlo

"Dave's magic is simply wonderful. David is A real master!" - Eugene Burger

"Superb Technique coupled with refreshing originality!" - Larry Jennings

"David Breaks new and wonderful ground in coin magic, not only with methods, but also with his Amazing concepts!" - Michael Ammar

"I thoroughly enjoyed your work. It is a pleasure to see many new and original ideas, well executed and well presented!" - Michael Skinner

"David's magic is very pretty, and so is the thinking behind it! - Max Maven
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May 2003 entrée: David Neighbors » » David Neighbors...some interesting facts. » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL