The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Another reel recommendation thread (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

nike103103
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of nike103103
I am looking for a reel that will allow me to do levitations in my hand. I need something that I don't need to anchor to a wall or a table, something that I can anchor to my self. I have been using a single piece of IT, but the majority of the time when I go to use it, either I can't find it or it broke. I want something that, in a close-up/stand-up situation, I can be set up and ready to go. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Figure out a way to find it. A little W** on the end to a button works well. If it is breaking, you either have too weak a product or don't have the touch yet.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
nike103103
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of nike103103
Quote:
On 2008-10-02 19:10, Pete Biro wrote:
Figure out a way to find it. A little W** on the end to a button works well. If it is breaking, you either have too weak a product or don't have the touch yet.

It's not breaking when using it, but breaking while walking or moving around. Like when I go to use it, it's already broke.
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
Check out the Omega Reel kit.

Very nice reel system that offers much more flexibility than most.
Mark Reed
Wedding and Event Entertainment
nike103103
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of nike103103
Can I use my self as an anchor point instead of a stationary object such as a wall?
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I don't know about the Omega, but you need to think out what the effect is you wish to do and figure out a way to have the set up so it stays in place and doesn't break or tangle. Have you considered a loop???
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
nike103103
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of nike103103
Quote:
On 2008-10-03 12:26, Pete Biro wrote:
I don't know about the Omega, but you need to think out what the effect is you wish to do and figure out a way to have the set up so it stays in place and doesn't break or tangle. Have you considered a loop???

I have heard a lot about loops. They just seem pricey for the few that you get in a pack when compared to regular IT. I might have to go down that route, though. Which loops would you recommend, and do you feel they are worth the money?
DonHarlan
View Profile
Loyal user
Richmond, VA
296 Posts

Profile of DonHarlan
Your first set of loops, you are going to break pretty quickly. But once you get used to the "breaking" point, it should be much easier to work with them. Yigal and Finn Jon have a good DVD set out that covers a lot of the fine points of working with loops.
“Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business.”-Tom Robbins
<BR>
<BR>“One man's "magic" is another man's engineering".-Robert A. Heinlein
nike103103
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of nike103103
What kind of loops, and which site do you recommend I purchase them from? Also, where would I be able to find those DVDs? Thanks
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
Nike,

If you take care of loops and do not abuse them, they will last for many sessions. The key is proper use and not trying to levitate things too heavy or exceeding the expand limits of the thread.

One item you may want to look at regarding body hookups is Justin Miller's DVD called The Cloak.

All of these items can also be found at pretty much any reputable dealer.

You can also make your own thread to experiment with - get black wooly yarn and strip out a single strand. It's cheap practice thread.
Mark Reed
Wedding and Event Entertainment
Glen
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Glen
Loops are great, thread is great, and ITRs are great. I use 'em all, including the Spider Pen.
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Anchor on the spectator. You could let a spectator sign a bill and tell him to keep your pen as a security during the time you do magic with his bill (anchoring on the pen at tht time). Put the pen into his outer pocket, andhoring on the spectator. Now if you also have Finn Jon loops that you put in play at one stage or the other in your routine, turning aside, he'll never even guess that you anchored on him.
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Another reel recommendation thread (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL