The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » UHF Wireless Vanishes with Digital TV Conversion? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Owen Anderson
View Profile
Loyal user
A sturdy fence needs at least
231 Posts

Profile of Owen Anderson
This switch doesn't happen up here in Canada until Aug 31, 2011.
Is it safe to assume wireless tech will still work until at least that date?
Owen Anderson
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
It may depend on how close you live to the border. If you happen to be performing in Windsor, and the digital TV folks in Detroit are going ahead full steam it's pretty much like they're just across the street.

A lot of places in Windsor are far closer (for an example) to Detroit than they are even to the other side of Windsor!
Brian Lehr
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Canada
1605 Posts

Profile of Brian Lehr
Quote:
On 2008-10-20 00:08, Owen Anderson wrote:
This switch doesn't happen up here in Canada until Aug 31, 2011.
Is it safe to assume wireless tech will still work until at least that date?

Which conversion are you referring to? All the TV signals will be converting to digital in Canada in February of 2009.

Brian
Owen Anderson
View Profile
Loyal user
A sturdy fence needs at least
231 Posts

Profile of Owen Anderson
Perhaps I'm reading it wrong. This is the Industry Canada link:
http://www.ic.gc.ca/epic/site/oca-bc.nsf/en/ca02336e.html
Owen Anderson
Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
804 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
Quote:
On 2008-10-20 12:40, Owen Anderson wrote:
Perhaps I'm reading it wrong. This is the Industry Canada link:

Thanks, Owen! I LOVE it when someone posts a credible source!
USA, Feb 17 '09
Canada, Aug 31 '11

Sennheiser has just posted a document on their site. It offers a different view from Shure's, although interpretations seem to be shifting as data & evaluations continue to evolve.
Sennheiser's latest, Nov 18 '08
Shure's latest, Nov 4 '08
Dan McLean Jr
Fitz
View Profile
Elite user
Phoenix, AZ
476 Posts

Profile of Fitz
I know the date has been moved to June 12, 2009 for the required transition but do we really know anything more on this issue?

Fitz
I have a daily web show all about magic at http://FitzMagic.info
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
The NADY site seems to be saying that my UHF mike is still good to use. http://www.nady.com/white_space.html

I'm seeing conflicting info out there and the FCC website is just a mess of jibberish! Does anyone really know what UHF mike frequencies are NOW good to use without a license, in the U.S.?
rattman
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of rattman
This will mostly effect those in Big cities were a lot of channels are in use by TV, Police & others. In small towns you should be all right unless you are unlucky and have your frequency stomped on. Either way you should always by a wireless set with multiple channels to choose from. The more expensive sets can now do automatic frequency searching to find a free channel.

The issue is not that it will stop working it just may drop in and out with interference
rattman
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of rattman
You should be clear to use all the old wireless frequescies with out a license because you are transmitting at low power and any high power transmitter will overpower it. the problem is when you are performing your system may drop in and out or receive unwanted noise.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » UHF Wireless Vanishes with Digital TV Conversion? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL