The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Departure Ring Flight (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
I also own Rinkey Dinkey and have had it break...I think this one looks ALOT better than the Departure Ring Flight. Check it out!
http://www.fingertipmiracles.co.uk/ring-flight-revolution

Whats your thoughts?
Bendy
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
518 Posts

Profile of Bendy
Quote:
On 2009-05-15 14:06, Kevinr wrote:
I also own Rinkey Dinkey and have had it break...I think this one looks ALOT better than the Departure Ring Flight. Check it out!
http://www.fingertipmiracles.co.uk/ring-flight-revolution

Whats your thoughts?

I think it looks promising; if somewhat overpriced. However, adjustible length, locking in place and access to the mechanism are worth the elevated cost, no doubt.

The other thing I think is that the Ford key doesn't look like the key to either one of my 2008 Mustangs. That's what would keep me from buying it. Looking so different from the keys here in the states may draw attention to the key/mechanism that would otherwise be ignored.

Perhaps I shall consider this one if/when my current Departure breaks.
Bonz
View Profile
Regular user
Twickenham, London, UK
168 Posts

Profile of Bonz
Quote:
I think it looks promising; if somewhat overpriced.

Hi Bendy,

It's me who makes the Ring Flight Revolution. Each one is hand crafted by me, in my workshop. It's not a mass produced gimmick made in some factory by workers like Rinkey Dinkey or Departure.

These are things of beauty and each takes around 3 hours to make and costs me around £20 ($35) to make each one. The quality is so high and the product so good, that each comes with a 2 year guarantee and a 1 month, no quibble money back offer if you’re not entirely satisfied with it.

Can you imagine getting that with other ring flights or even any other product? This product will last for years. So in response to your initial comment, I personally, think it's an excellent price. (It was originally going to be sold for nearly double this!). Also, to keep the price down, it will not be sold through dealers. If it was, it would be going for a heck of a lot more.

Check out some of the comments from those who have received them:
http://www.magicbunny.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=44620
http://www.talkmagic.co.uk/ftopic30427.php

Regarding key types. This isn’t officially released yet. It will be in a few months. It’s only aimed at the UK market at the moment with standard UK keys. The Ford one in the photos is a standard UK key. If it takes off in the UK, then I’ll be releasing it in the US, with standard US keys. I think we do have several keys the same, but there are a lot of car manufacturers in the US that we don’t have over here. In fact any common makes you can mention will be of much use for later. But regarding your comment that it will draw attention to the key. Not remotely as much as Rinkey Dinkey or Departure. At least this is a genuine key.

Kind regards

Dave Bonsall
Bradacal
View Profile
Special user
591 Posts

Profile of Bradacal
I have a question about the DEPARTURE RING FLIGHT?

Does it lock when extended or is a straight pull back and forth.

I used the IMMACULATE RING FLIGHT for years and it locked in place when extended, something I always liked. Does DEPARTURE do the same thing or is it like RING FLIGHT REVOLUTION where it doesn't lock and just extends and retracts?

Thanks.
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
It does not lock.

Jim
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Departure is a well-intentioned product, but does not meet the needs of a top performer who ranks reliability of the gimmick as a priority. I suggest all Departure owners replace their product with Ring Flight Revolution. I did, and I will never look back.

Regards,
Mike
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
859 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
Old thread but I came by it after researching the new improved Departure I am awaiting on to arrive.

Since PatrickGregoire began with this statement in above posting.
“And I don't practice much with it….”
Then this statement sounds like a blessing.
“I walk out the door … check Departure and the clip was disconnected from the unit.”

The breakage prevented you from performing a trick you hadn't practiced much. I wish more effects did this. Smile
All small town magicians know what 793.8 signifies.
music
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of music
Hey Chris, let us know how the quality stacks up on the new departure.
Nathan Horne
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of Nathan Horne
I purchased this a few days ago (the new version also - from Theory11). Though it does what it should, I do feel that the retraction of the reel is a bit slow when you have a ring on it. I was happy with it when I took it out of the box, but in practice, not so much.

As an example, you almost have to have the gimmick remote hanging out of your pocket, as the friction from your pocket and jeans will slow the reel down significantly. Also, the string gets snagged on one of those little metal pins or on the corner of you jean pocket if you are not careful. The pathway to your pocket should be 'clear'.

I'll probably try it at my next gig or when I'm out with friends, but after practicing it for a few hours, I do feel like you should drop your hand next to your body and almost release as close to the gimmick as possible. Also, though it was never stated in the copy on site, I did expect it to actually go into my back pocket, not just dangle outside.

Look, I know what I was getting into, seeing as I perform Bandwidth - but I just expected a bit more. I suppose Ring Flight Revolution is the way to go then... or maybe I'm missing something?
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
Nathan, RFR must have the same issue as the Departure, although I don't have the latter. When I release the clip, I need to approach the hand a little closer to my (right) back pocket where the car key is. Otherwise, it would make a lot of noise. Secondly, I usually don't put my RFR in my back pocket, but it's attached to my beltloop, in my back but toward right side of the body. I also have issues about frictions. Finally, letting the RFR hanging from a beltloop frees up space in my back pocket. I don't think the effect is less strong using my method of displaying the ring attached to my car key.
Nathan Horne
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of Nathan Horne
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2017, mh1001 wrote:
Nathan, RFR must have the same issue as the Departure, although I don't have the latter. When I release the clip, I need to approach the hand a little closer to my (right) back pocket where the car key is. Otherwise, it would make a lot of noise. Secondly, I usually don't put my RFR in my back pocket, but it's attached to my beltloop, in my back but toward right side of the body. I also have issues about frictions. Finally, letting the RFR hanging from a beltloop frees up space in my back pocket. I don't think the effect is less strong using my method of displaying the ring attached to my car key.

Thanks for the insights. I did rewatch the video and also play with the gimmick a bit more. I think the video should have just had more 'trouble shooting and tips'. I think I will use it, I'd just be careful how I angle my release and also be careful when selecting my wardrobe. Nice tip about the belt loop. I actually happened to have more clips on my keys that are exactly the same as on the departure gimmick, so I could easily hook it onto my belt loop if needed.
Jorib
View Profile
Veteran user
347 Posts

Profile of Jorib
I'm revamping this thread as I'm looking for a Ring Flight. Seems RFR is one of the best (and frankly my attention is on it rather than Departure) but recently I ended up on Kirtan's Ring Flight. Actually, it's the first time I hear of a "Kirtan" RF. Has anyone evere experienced this RF? Thanks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Departure Ring Flight (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL