The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Halloween Costume ideas? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DJG
View Profile
Inner circle
1296 Posts

Profile of DJG
OK my work is holding it's annual Halloween costume contest. Only this year the ante was raised - top prize $1000 and 6th place $150.

My problem? I'm not that creative. I have been looking at humerous costumes and have no idea. So I thought I would ask here. Personally I would like to buy a pre made costime, but I'm game for anything.

Thanks!
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
Buy a Hannah Montana costume. Wear the shoes, the wig, carry the mic...everything. The balls alone that it would take should guarantee a place.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Nekid. It's always best to go nekid.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
If you really want to make their blood run cold - dress up as an investment banker.

Destiny
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
I still vote nekid. As a matter of fact, I'm nekid now.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Of course you could combine both ideas and go as Hannah Montanna with balls hanging out.
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Pepka - can you see through the computer?

That's uncanny!

Destiny
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
HA!
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
OK, I'll get serious. Here's an idea someone gave me for a Halloween costume years ago. I never use it because if I'm at a Halloween party, I'm working and don't want to dress up. Get cowboy boots, jeans, western type shirt, black gloves, Darth Vader helmet, cape and that black box that he wears on his chest. What is it supposed to be? Darth Brooks!
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
You could dress exactly like me. And I'm as serious as Pepka.
Slartibartfast
View Profile
Loyal user
Southern Illinois
230 Posts

Profile of Slartibartfast
Rob Cockerham has some of the most innovative Halloween costumes I have seen. My favorites are the American Idol Judges and the Paparazzi. He usually wins whatever contest he enters. If you browse through his articles, you can see costumes that other people have made and get some ideas from those as well.

I also heard of a group of people who came dressed as the Last Supper. Each one was dressed as the appropriate character(s) with a piece of the table attached. Whenever one of them blew a whistle they would all rush together and reenact the painting.
If you can pull it off in a biker bar without being violated by a corn dog, more power to you.
-- Gwyd, the Unusual

"YOUR Signature...speaks volumns (sic) as to your lack of understanding."
--T.V.
DJG
View Profile
Inner circle
1296 Posts

Profile of DJG
I have an idea and am having it made. I'll post pics when I can. Although I didn't use any of the above ideas, in good spirit IF I win the grand prize, I will share with all the above who contributed. Thanks!

PS Winners will be posted in my company's newsletter, should anyone want confirmation Smile
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1950 Posts

Profile of kregg
Isn't the idea of Halloween to dress as your alter ego, or the thing you'd most like to be?
If one has to take a poll before one acts, the answer is simple ... dress as a meandering politician. Smile
POOF!
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
How about Iron Man?

[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3139/2827206698_bbab0ff103.jpg?v=0[/img]

Lyndel
ryansmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Reading, PA
147 Posts

Profile of ryansmagic
I was at a party last year and I thought this was great......

Put a box around you and decorate is as a dresser, put on knobs and such. On top of the dresser put an alarm clock and wear a lamp shade on your head.

you will be.......

A ONE NIGHT STAND

PS I am not kidding, I thought this was funny.
Ryan Parsons
[email]ryanparsons@comcast.net[/email]
http://www.magicformiracles.com
cardone
View Profile
Special user
860 Posts

Profile of cardone
How about a Darth Vader suit and a Dick Cheney Mask ......
boynextdoor
View Profile
Regular user
Lancaster
129 Posts

Profile of boynextdoor
I always wanted to dress as a finalist on American Idol who died of embarrassment.
Trapeze above the Grand Canyon. Be impressed.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Halloween Costume ideas? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL