The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Zorans horror finger (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magnalucius
View Profile
Loyal user
Ecuador
210 Posts

Profile of Magnalucius
Hello you, spooky kinda guys. If you are looking for some gory, gory efect, and very realistic, look at Zorans horror finger. I got mine some days ago, and the result: a total killer. I had to stop my girlfriend, she was going to call the ambulance, and entered in shock (yes, the blood and the cutter trought finger seems the real thing, even at the closest inspection). With a good script (I don´t like the one that comes with the efect, so, I am working in my own), good acting and the perfect moment, well, you have a reputation maker (sorry for the topic).
If you like gore, is a must have. If you like the weird, strange healing patterns, is a must have. If you want to shock people, is a must have. Is avaible at Stevens Magic Emporium.

Cheers!
Lux In Tenebris
Magnalucius
View Profile
Loyal user
Ecuador
210 Posts

Profile of Magnalucius
By the way, there is a video you can see at Stevens Magic web site.
Lux In Tenebris
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
I'm glad you're working up your own routine for this. It's a great apparatus that deserves some careful thought in presentation. If you hunt around here there were some good ideas tossed about when it first came out.
What would Wavy do?
spook
View Profile
Regular user
Columbus, OH
150 Posts

Profile of spook
I saw someone do this and really liked it. Of course, with a long time consuming interest in special FX I knew exactly what was going on...but liked the way it looked. I told a friend about it and he described exactly what the appratus was and how it worked just by hearing the effect. I think there is probably an awful lot of overlap among magicians and those interested in movie FX. I also wonder, with people being exposed to so much more realistic gore on tv and in the movies than was available 30 years ago (when you sometimes had to search pretty hard to seek it out)if this effect is no longer as shocking and will be instantly dismissed as "oh, a special makeup effect" rather than actual mystery. Yes, I think if you do it in a setting where people are NOT there to see magic and it's not an obvious PERFORMANCE people will freak out at the crazy man sawing off his own finger. But in terms of treating it as magic? I've a feeling it's too easy to dismiss after countless severed limbs in the movies and on CSI. It's a theory, anyway. Anyone here have any experience presenting this as magic?
J.Robert
View Profile
Loyal user
Gettysburg, PA
240 Posts

Profile of J.Robert
I've posted on this before (in fact, I think it was last year around this time). I've used the finger cutter in conjunction with "Fleshwound". Had a 20 year old man fall off his chair, no s*!t. I've been making my own replacement blades for these if anyone needs any. -J.R.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Zorans horror finger (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL