The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Suspended on ebay (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hello:

I recently let a family member use my ebay account; he was selling an ipod with movies on it which he had downloaded. I understand this is a violation of ebay policy and my family member had done this before and had been warned by ebay not to do it.

Anyway, I am finding out the details now, included the fact that ebay has suspended me indefinitely. I take responsibility for allowing my family member to use my account - I should have checked into what he was doing, but I was busy...

So, my question is...am I banned from ebay for life? I have tried sending ebay Support an explanation of the situation, but it's gotten me nowhere with them.

Does anybody have any insight on this?

Thanks much.

Ron
Tom Bartlett
View Profile
Special user
Our southern border could use
763 Posts

Profile of Tom Bartlett
It's a shame this has happened to you. Just as in other parts of our lives the real criminals know how to work the system and the honest ones end up the victims.

Dealing with eBay trough email is like being put on hold by some one that owes you money; if the person does come to the phone you will most likely not get the desired results, anyway.

You will probably need to create new account although I’m not sure if it is a simple task or not.

I have an acquaintance that has multiple accounts, not to defraud, but some for buying and some for selling. He is a collector of some very expensive thing; pays cash or money orders for anything he buys and accepts only the same; he does have a credit card and a bank account but keeps only the minimum required amount there. This is all because he is very paranoid; you know black helicopters, satellite surveillance and big brother. He won’t answer his phone, he looks on the caller ID and if he wants to talk to you, he will drive one of his eight classic cars to the payphone and call you back.

This is not much help, but at least you know it is possible to have more than one account.
Our friends don't have to agree with me about everything and some that I hold very dear don't have to agree about anything, except where we are going to meet them for dinner.
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
With the new ebay security they have added you will also need to create an account and also login from not only a different IP address, but also from a different computer - they can tell what computer you are logging in from and will detect that info.
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1950 Posts

Profile of kregg
Actually, I don't think that selling an iPod with movies on it is a violation if they were downloaded from iTunes/movies. ebay might have thought of them as DVD copies. Therefor, if he was trying to sell the the iPod and not profit on the movies you should be in the clear.
POOF!
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Thanks, Tom, Marvello, and kregg...I appreciate the help. Concerning my family members (my father), he had been told by ebay to stop selling the ipods as such (he sold several that he bought somewhere else), but he continued to do so until he was suspended. That's when he asked to use my account.

When he used my account, he was selling an ipod without anything on it, so there was no violation, but ebay sent me a notice that I was suspended because I was linked with another suspended member. My guess is that they made the link through paypal.

I'm just wondering if I can appeal. Tom is right...trying to communicate with them is very frustrating - they never answer my questions. They only say that I'm "linked" to a suspended member and that I'm suspended "indefinitely."

Ron
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Ron
There are no human beings at ebay.
lots of ruck
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
They just laid off 1,000 employees. The phones now answer themselves.
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
Tom Bartlett
View Profile
Special user
Our southern border could use
763 Posts

Profile of Tom Bartlett
When ebay started the fees were low and they made a fortune and the rules were few. They raise the fees, add new rule after rule and then they have to lay people off. They need to learn to dance with the one that brought you.
Our friends don't have to agree with me about everything and some that I hold very dear don't have to agree about anything, except where we are going to meet them for dinner.
alanm99
View Profile
Regular user
England, UK
138 Posts

Profile of alanm99
Not so long ago ebay removed one of my item called Zippo Change bag by Len Belcher (Supreme Magic Item). they said this was a Brand Name item and prone to be a fake Smile

I wonder how many hight street shop sell this supreme magic product ?

Now the new ebay software wont let you list an item with Brand Names included in the discription. even when it has NOTHING to do with the product.

Even the word NEXT gets cought up sometimes.
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Suspended on ebay (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL