The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Die Box: What is your rational for putting the die in the hat? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
I think to answer this question, you need to step back a few more paces and ask yourself why you have a giant dice and a box to begin with. When I was a kid, I used to play a lot of board games with my friends and family. Games like Life, Sorry, Snakes & Ladders were always a fun way to pass the time. Coincidentally, these games all involved dice.

The problem I always faced was losing the dice. After playing the game, I know I put the dice back into the box, but when I came back to it, the dice would always be gone. So, I came up with 2 solutions. First, I made the dice bigger so I could see them easier. Then, I also made a holder for the dice to make sure I would never lose them again.

I show the dice holder and open the doors as if expecting the dice to be inside. I'm shocked and confused that the dice aren't where they are supposed to be. But the kids KNOW where the die is. They see it resting on my table, half covered by my top hat. The kids yell repeatedly that it's under the hat. I go through a ton of "look don't see" scenarios that drive the kids crazy. Finally, I realize that the die is in the hat. I place it in the die box and continue with my routine of making the die disappear.

Hope that helps.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
JimbosMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of JimbosMagic
Kent I used to say something similar about being a kid and playing games. I then take the die out of a gift bag and say when I was little this is how big the dice looked to me. gets a laugh then I add it back to the gift bag and say its going to vanish. do the bottle vanish where you turn the bag upside down but keep hold of it. the kids will tell you your holding it, so then take it out and introduce your magic box. leaving the fake in the bag.

Wont tell you all the routine as it may be in my lecture next year. lol but this will give you an idea.
JIMMY CARLO. KIDabra International Family Entertainer of the Year 2009.
IBM Triple Award Winner. Uk Champion of Comedy Magic.
Represented the UK in the United Slapstick Awards on German TV.
European Children's Entertainer of the year 2007/8
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
I think I've got a very funny way of doing it.
I do the die box as a closer, and the joke is on myself. In the beginning of the show I have my rabbit in the hat puppet Bernard and I use "the Riz's" routine, so Bernard is always trying to steal the show.
Before the trick I put Bernard T. Bunny on a table and tell everyone to keep an I on him, because the last time I did this trick at a birthday party, Bernard stole the die and put it in his hat! (and I demonstrate).
At the end of the trick I "explain" how I did it, "And what you didn't even realize was that the dice was actually right here.. ahhhh! where did it go?" they all point to bernard, I check and we all say "BERNAAARD!" and that's it and they all line up to get they're ludicrous loot.
I also have the box with the extra door, which makes the by play SO much funnier and makes the trick SO much more amazing.
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
JimbosMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of JimbosMagic
Nice one seadog
JIMMY CARLO. KIDabra International Family Entertainer of the Year 2009.
IBM Triple Award Winner. Uk Champion of Comedy Magic.
Represented the UK in the United Slapstick Awards on German TV.
European Children's Entertainer of the year 2007/8
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Die Box: What is your rational for putting the die in the hat? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL