The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » What is this effect called? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Drew Manning
View Profile
Special user
Dallas, Texas
913 Posts

Profile of Drew Manning
I am looking for the name or information on the cigarette effect in which you take a lit cigarette and place the wrong end in your mouth, yet it turns up the right way. I've seen Lance Burton and several other cig workers use it....
I live my life for a layer of ice
Just like those poured by my bartender vice
Any taste of vermouth would be really sublime,
When you have a good martini time!

-The Reverend Horton Heat
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Outsmokin invented and sold by the Café's own Ron Jaxon (do a search on member name Jaxon)
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Harry is right. Ron does some great stuff and is a genuinely nice guy. He also has a good creative mind. You can fuind him at the Café. I am also a personal friend so if you have trouble reaching him, just let me know.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
Drew Manning
View Profile
Special user
Dallas, Texas
913 Posts

Profile of Drew Manning
I looked at the video on Ron's site and that looks similar to, but isn't exactly what I was looking for.

Look at the move at about 1:50 in this clip and you'll see what I'm looking for:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=vRfOPW0liHE&feature=related

Without getting into method, can Outsmokin be done with any cig and can it be lit? If so, then that will do what I need. Otherwise, the search continues.

Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
What you are looking for is not a gimmick of any kind but a sleight of hand move. It can be found in Roger Klause in concert on page 16. I don't own the "Roger Klause in Concert DVD set but I assume the move can be found in them too.

Outsmokin can't be done with a lit cigarette. I thought about making one that does but it kind of goes against the purpose of the effect.

Hope that helps.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
Drew Manning
View Profile
Special user
Dallas, Texas
913 Posts

Profile of Drew Manning
Thanks Ron!

That totally answered my question. I tried to contact you via your site but apparently your spam filter thought I was a hacker and after multiple attempts, I gave up.

I have decided to go against convention and make cigarette magic my thing even though I no longer smoke. I figure since smoking is so un PC and not many people are doing cig magic these days, it will make my act "unique". My wife hates cigarettes and smoking in general, but loves to see the cigarette manipulations. I figure if I can make her a fan of it, I've got a shot out in the real world Smile

Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I do a lot of cigarette magic but I in no way think of myself as a "Cigarette Magician". I use them because even though they are frowned upon they are still common objects. In a strange way the present "Smoking Bands" make it a good time for cigarette magic. The Ban gives us some presentation possibilities such as being for or against smoking bans.

Look into Tom Mullica's magic. He does a lot of it and has books and a video series on cigarette magic.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
Drew Manning
View Profile
Special user
Dallas, Texas
913 Posts

Profile of Drew Manning
Those are something I have considered. Also considering Keith Clarke's Cigarette Encyclopedia.

trashmanf
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of trashmanf
I just purchased Mullica's DVDs and they are excellent so far. if you go to the learned pig you can also download D Deveen's "expert cigarette magic" which teaches many sleights with unlit or lit cigs, and it's FREE!
Drew Manning
View Profile
Special user
Dallas, Texas
913 Posts

Profile of Drew Manning
I lost my learned pig password and I had to reapply and still waiting to hear from Marko...

Thanks for the tip. I haven't looked at everything on the site, so it's good to know there is info the site that I am looking for now Smile

danielguo
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of danielguo
Thimble and wand is my love

I think the wand manipulation can be use at a lot of things.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » What is this effect called? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL