The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Sponge bunnies (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Doc Dixon
View Profile
Special user
Pennsylvania, USA
655 Posts

Profile of Doc Dixon
Quote:
On 2008-10-16 23:36, davidpaul$ wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-10-16 23:17, Frank Starsini wrote:
I've never had one ear come off. hmm...

do you have a gag/line for that scenario? You should!

Frank, I found the ear that came off your sponge bunny.
"ear" it is, in my pocket.

Also if anyone is interested, Eddie Ace is the top man for making Sponge products.
He makes turtles, gremlins, penguins, rabbits(of course), pigs, turtles that turn into rabbits (I have 3 sets, you've got to see these) and much more. If you are interested send me a PM and I will give you his contact information.

Eddie is the man. And a great guy to boot. His sponge sculptures are the best. Nothing comes close.
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Looks like from now on I'll be doing the sponge moles.

I might give Mike Wong's a try, I just don't want to get the Wong wabbits again.

Jim
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1437 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
Are Goshman 3-d Bunnies as compact as 2" sponge balls (not supersoft)
Also they have a 5" 3-d bunny. Is that hard to fit in the hand or does it compress well?
MickNZ
View Profile
Special user
Auckland, New Zealand
576 Posts

Profile of MickNZ
Quote:
On 2008-10-14 14:32, jimhlou wrote:
My bunny ears keep falling off. Anybody else have this problem?

Jim

After two or three hundred performances, sure. I toss them out when they get raggedy. If you're damaging them quicker than this then rethink how you're handling them, they must be getting snagged on something ...
The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2140 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
I keep the ones that get raggedy, and give them to the lil tykes who beg & plead for a rabbit to keep.
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1437 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
Are Goshman 3-d Bunnies as compact as 2" sponge balls (not supersoft)
Also they have a 5" 3-d bunny. Is that hard to fit in the hand or does it compress well?
MagicJuggler
View Profile
Inner circle
Anchorage, AK
1161 Posts

Profile of MagicJuggler
I don't know about falling off, but I've had kids pull the ears off the bunnies before. Difficult to keep a smile when that happens. Though once I had a parent offer to replace the bunny, and I told him they all came in a set so he gave me enough to buy a whole new set of bunnies! Rare person, that one.
Matthew Olsen

I heard from a friend that anecdotal evidence is actually quite reliable.
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1437 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
How are the 3-D bunnines in how they compress compared to sponge balls of the same size (not super soft)
Alex Rapattoni
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle, Wa
229 Posts

Profile of Alex Rapattoni
Quote:
On 2012-03-21 22:57, Powermagic wrote:
How are the 3-D bunnines in how they compress compared to sponge balls of the same size (not super soft)

The same.
Weird is part of the job.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Wow, those Wong bunnies look terrific. And apparently they're still for sale.

I start off with the old gag about the "boy" and "girl" bunnies changing places ("Didja feel it?") Then to prove it's true, you turn the bunnies over and apparently examine their undersides, only to show that one is labelled "boy" and the other "girl" on their feet. Then say you'll do it again now that they know what to look for, but this time - oopsie - yours vanishes and both appear in their hand. Then you have a second participant grip the two bunnies very tightly, saying you'll "steal" one into your left fist no matter how tightly they grip. That doesn't work after two or three tries, whereupon you say, "Uh, oh. They've been in your hand for quite awhile. You know what happens when you leave two bunnies alone in a warm, dark place, don't you?" The fun part is watching realization dawn on their faces even before they open their hand. Pretty standard stuff I realize, but it's quick and you keep ahead of the participant and spectators by misstating the goal of each phase. Anything further would yield declining returns, IMO, or even spoil the effect through repetition.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
MickNZ
View Profile
Special user
Auckland, New Zealand
576 Posts

Profile of MickNZ
I tend to agree. Some people do the standard routine and then for some reason a giant 5" bunny appears into the mix. Doesn't quite make sense to me. At best it's anticlimactic after the bunnies appear in the spectator's hand.
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Just ordered my third set of bunnies from Mike Wong. I love these things! Unbelievable reactions from such a simple prop.

Jim
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Profile of Bad to the Balloon
Quote:
On 2012-03-27 00:36, MickNZ wrote:
I tend to agree. Some people do the standard routine and then for some reason a giant 5" bunny appears into the mix. Doesn't quite make sense to me. At best it's anticlimactic after the bunnies appear in the spectator's hand.

In my routine, the spectator is expecting 4 or more and the giant bunny is explained as the mother bunny.
Multiplication turned to transformation Classic Fitske
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
As seen on the TODAY SHOW
www.balloonguy.net
Creator of Bad to the Balloon DVD series
Go to my store: http://tinyurl.com/Bad2theBalloon
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
http://www.mikewong.com is the sponge bunnies I use and they a great bunnies.

If you want you can do a little art work on the bunnies to fancy them up.

I use them as it.

I would like to get the Eddie Ace sets but I would need 2 sets and that
is kind of expnesive.

Bob Sheets Sponge Bunny routine is the routine I model my routine from.

And...........sorry for using the phrase "Fancy them up".
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
giobbi1
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

Profile of giobbi1
Quote:
On 2012-03-28 13:33, Neznarf wrote:
http://www.mikewong.com is the sponge bunnies I use and they a great bunnies.

If you want you can do a little art work on the bunnies to fancy them up.

I use them as it.

I would like to get the Eddie Ace sets but I would need 2 sets and that
is kind of expnesive.

Bob Sheets Sponge Bunny routine is the routine I model my routine from.

And...........sorry for using the phrase "Fancy them up".

Not sure how your routine is structured, but each set comes with 2 adults and 4 babies, but you can buy an extra set of 4 babies. I use 6 babies total so I only have to buy another set of babies after using up 2 full sets. Call Eddie. He might sell you whatever you need. Hope this helps.
vincentmusician
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
266 Posts

Profile of vincentmusician
Hmm. Ears falling off my 3D Gosh Bunnies? After reading this, I checked my 3D bunnies. I have had them for over ten years. Actually the ears are intact but a couple look like they are just hanging on. So I am going to sow them on to make sure they do not fall off. Of course you could just remove all the ears and call them multiplying rats or moles!
Cheers!
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Mar 27, 2012, MickNZ wrote:

In my presentation I have a 3-in or 5-in bunny appear at the end and this is why:
I tell story about the mama and the dadda rabbit who loved each other very much. You see, mama went in this hand and dada goes into the pocket. But dada bunny love mama so much that he actually never left. (That happens a few times), and then I say that mama and dada were ready to have a little baby bunny. (The spectator holds mom and dad and when they open their hands a baby bunny appears) I talk about how mom and dad loved baby bunny and carried him around everywhere but were ready for baby bunny to have brothers and sisters. (Another spectator holds mama and dada and when they open their hands, a bunch of baby bunnies appear). Now, the first baby bunny that appears is always the smallest one in my set. I then talk about how all the brothers and sisters loved each other but they sometimes would mess around with the smallest baby bunny that was first born. I explain that the baby bunny always listened to his parents and ate all the vegetables that they told him to eat, so much so that he (I change the baby to the large bunny) grew up to be the biggest bunny out of all of them and never got picked on again.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
FunMagic!
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of FunMagic!
I have the 3D Bunnies, they look great.
FrankFindley
View Profile
Inner circle
1039 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
I love making a 5" bunny appear with the "Pardon me, did you know you have a little hair on your shoulder?" line in the middle of an act (after rapport has been established). You can make the illusion perfect by rolling the bunny into a cylinder starting with the head so the ears are on the inside. This is placed in finger palm. Then you can reach out naturally to the spectators shoulder with the thumb and first finger in an obvious empty U. If you ease your other fingers a bit, the bunny will expand perfectly and you pull your hand back with the bunny between the thumb and first finger and the other fingers in the exact position as when you reached. The illusion is perfect that you "plucked it" out of thin air, it looks like your hand hasn't changed at all. This really shocks people as that bunny is huge! It is more impactful than a coin production because of the size and shape.
danfreed
View Profile
Inner circle
West Chester PA
1354 Posts

Profile of danfreed
If you wear a hat and a kid asks you if you are going to pull a rabbit out of it (happens kind of often to me, usually before or after a show or when strolling, even though I don't have a real rabbit), if you have quick access to the 5" bunny, then you are ready to show the hat empty and then pull it out. It usually really stuns them because it was a spontaneous unplanned trick.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Sponge bunnies (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL